Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Network attached storage
  • bails

Well then, it sounds like qnap are good at RAID1! Like I said, i’ve got another backup scheduled to run off it to an external drive so a complete failure/loss on both drives wouldn’t be a disaster. For me it’s done what it needed to do, but it’s just personal stuff, I’m not running a business or anything.

hedley
    Free Member

Another vote for Synology.

Great NAS, easy to configure, great for user based perms so for example the kids can read from the music folder but not write to it and have no access to my work files at all while they all have their own home directories etc.

The control panel is easy to use, disk replication/incremental backups is a breeze, Firmware/OS/application updates just work and I can access any files from outside the network with a bit of NAT tweaking on the Firewall. Always makes me smile to be able to stream music from the box via my iPhone over the Head Unit in the car. It’s magic I tell you.

The NAS also comes with 2 Surveillance licences so I have my POE cameras attached and recording with highly configurable schedules and event detection and it’s own Surveillance Station Client.

Music wise I can access it via our AV receiver (via DLNA) and play it on the HIFI and also all iDevices can control and play music via our Bluetooth speakers.

Only downside is our Echo Dot doesn’t work with DLNA so I can’t control it directly via Alexa but that’s down to Amazon and not the NAS.

And Synology support have been great.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Network attached storage’ is closed to new replies.