Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Nettles – the devil's weeds…succour sought!
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

…thrashed through about a mile of overgrown bridleway on our ride around Foolow/Hucklow area last night and it was overgrown with grass, thistles and worst of all nettles.

Way too hot to wear anything on the legs so got stung from shoe tops to thigh and the tickle/itch kept waking me up last night. Still going this morning.

I’ve already hit the piriton but to no avail, anyone got any remedies that work?

zippykona

Doc leaves?
    We are fortunate as indigenous people that we can recognise the evil leaf miles away.
    I forgot to warn my australian friend and he wasn’t a happy bunny!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I quite like the feeling of nettle stings, reminds me it’s summer… Just enough pain to bear and that ringing, tingling feeling in the legs afterwards is quite evocative… Learn to love it!

(Does this make me weird?)

kimbers

doc leaves are best ime

kastle
    Free Member

Crying DOES NOT work, take it from me…

chakaping
    Free Member

take an antihistamine tablet, Loratadine is my usual choice

zippykona

My other friend used to enjoy nettles. There again he didn’t mind the mishap he had straddling an electric fence.
    Takes all sorts.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Do antihistamines make any difference? I thought it was formic acid that made the sting, so not an allergic reaction?

mt
    Free Member

I love nettles, especially in a soup, not bad ina risoto either. Apprently nettle sings are good for arthuritus. there still a git though when the catch up out.

Drac

take an antihistamine tablet, Loratadine is my usual choice

He did.

Young dock leaves still are the best but need them on straight away for maximum benefit.

MadPierre

MTFU time.

ahwiles
    Free Member

buy a weed slasher, go back and get even.

i love the smell of freshly scythed nettles in the evening.

zilog6128

Never found anything that helps once you’ve been stung so I’ve started wearing knee & shin pads at all times now as a lot of the local trails are ridiculously overgrown. It definitely helps!

mrmo
    Free Member

learn to enjoy the tingling, brambles are a different story though.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Try the gorse and brambles at Woburn, they leave your arms looking like you’ve got chronic eczhema.

titusrider
    Free Member

mmmmmmmm summer evening rides lying in bed with tingling legs and scratches all over my arms…. I LOVE it 🙂

(may have something to do with the fact I fell in a massive bank of nettles as a kid and ever since they are not really painful any more)

qwerty
    Free Member

Apparently the antedote to the sting is actually the juice within the plant which may explain why animals eat them, I Havn’t verified this though.

messiah
    Free Member

This won’t help the OP other than to put the discomfort in perspective 😕

The following is based on experience. It is clearly not suitable for any one allergic to stinging nettles. Arm yourself with a pair of thick gloves. Cut down a good quantity of fresh nettles. The best ones are young with pliable stems. A shopping bag full is about fine. Take a nettle and brush it against the head of your penis. If you haven’t got an erection so far, this should bring one on. It doesn’t hurt much, the sensation is rather good in fact. Brush some more nettles against your penis, the shaft as well. Gradually a rash will appear and little bumps. Keep going. The more you do, the greater the numbing effect so the next bit will be easier. Take a handful of nettles and crush them hard onto your penis. This may hurt, but rub them in well.
    You can also take a nettle stalk (which is also covered in stingers) and wrap it around the shaft or behind the head. This is a good way of getting the poison in. Keep going with more nettles. As the poison gets in, the small bumps will join up. This is the desired effect.
    As you keep on, the bumps turn into a large all over swelling. The more you do, the greater the swelling until your penis will be stretched real tight, bursting against its skin. I find an increase of about 50% in girth over a normal erection. The sensation is now between pain and pleasure. The nettles hurt, but the penis becomes super sensitive. As you go on the sensitivity will increase. Eventually you will reach the point where the sensitivity takes over from the pain.
    Now your penis will start throbbing, but each throb will bring you closer and closer to orgasm. You can try to resist it, but it can be hard because chances are you will come without even touching your penis, the throbbing doing the job for you. The orgasm is intense – as much pain as pleasure. After orgasm you may remain quite erect, and a second spontaneous orgasm is possible within a very short time.
    When finally flaccid, the penis will retain its girth but shorten, creating a massive, heavy weight swinging between your legs. The sensation will have gone, leaving your penis very numb to the touch.
    A really weird feeling. Gradually – very gradually, the swelling will go down, but a huge lump may hang below the frenum for some time – a day or more. Now the skin has been so stretched it is very sore, and the sensation may make sleep difficult. Over the next few days the skin may start to peel off in a thin layer, leaving a new layer of soft skin underneath. Whether there is any permanent increase in size I couldn’t say, but I guess the effect should be the same as a pump, if from the inside rather than the out.
    Rubbing the stinging nettles into the scrotum and the anus can produce a good feel, but there is no swelling in the same way as the penis. You can also try filling your pants with nettles and taking a train ride. To do this, wear two pairs of pants, slip penis and scrotum through the fly of the first, and wrap over them a plastic bag full of nettles tied on loose with a rubber band. Try keeping a straight face as you walk, jog, cycle or ride a bumpy train.

PS – I did not write this 😯

rossatease
    Free Member

It’s a strange place this isn’t it? 😕

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Messiah – I shall be cycling sans shorts tonight and will report back on the levels of engorgement achieved!! 😯

@cbmotorsport – the brambles round here in spring make my arms look like I self harm, they have had their fun by now and handed the baton on to the nettles who will then tag team the thistles after which it will be back to mud!

Re Doc leaves – couldn’t find any, anywhere nearby.

kimbers

messiah I was wondering why you posted that (ill not ask wtf you found it)

until i saw the last line and realised it was relevant after all

Try keeping a straight face as you walk, jog, cycle or ride a bumpy train.

richmtb

jesus titty **** ing christ!

Some of my local trail are unrideable this time of year.

Nettles and thistles the height of my bars and the “trail” about a foot wide.

Shins and forearms end up a tingling blotchy mess, just not worth it.

Although next time I might get my cock out and see if the ride improves

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

Nettles were brough to this country by the Romans, because the stings would bring them warmth – FACT!*

*i might have made this up

Squidlord
    Free Member

Well, that’s my commute home tonight sorted then. Hope the train’s not crowded.

mountainman

What about Nettle beer or wine ? will that numb the pain ?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Nettles – the devil's weeds…succour sought!’ is closed to new replies.