Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • nettle tea
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

bought a box of this the other day, somewhat impulsively (2 for 1 offer on clipper tea and the choice was pretty limited!), and i just had a cup of it.
    now i remember why it’s been so long since i had any…

redthunder
    Free Member

Why didn’t you do some trail maintenance and use the stingers from the trails ?

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/blog/woodland-activities/a-cup-of-nettle-tea/

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i actually plan on doing just that but making nettle soup out of whatever i gather…

Anna-B
    Free Member

Are the nettles too old now to make soup? I want to do this, but thought you had to use very young ones….?

one_bad_mofo

I drink nettle tea as it helps with my hayfever and I find a small spoonful of honey makes it quite acceptable.

finbar
    Free Member

Ditto drinking it for hayfever. I just pick some nettles out the garden rather than buy it.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i don’t get hayfever and also i don’t eat honey.
    i must drink it because i hate myself!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I was tempted to try making nettle beer last year. But then I remembered I live next to a pub.

juan
    Free Member

nettle soup is the best yum yum

nickc

I drink it, as I like the taste, don’t think it does much for my hayfever though.

MrSparkle

I just eat ’em raw ‘cos i is double hard.

petestuart
    Free Member

Any one with hayfever find this actually helps? Im willing to try anything!

nickc

It’s tired, but if any of the “alternative cures” for hayfever worked, they wouldn’t be alternative, they’d just be cures. Antihistamines have a proven track record.

petestuart
    Free Member

Not with me…!

one_bad_mofo

Well I take an antihistamine in the mornings but find by hte time I’m going home after work the hayfever is starting to come back. A cup of nettle tea seems to sort it out again.

redthunder
    Free Member
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘nettle tea’ is closed to new replies.