Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Nettle rash
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

I’ve fallen off my bike but luckily a nice patch of nettles broke my fall. My arms took the brunt and have swelled up nicely. Now I’m normally not one to bother but my right hand is now going numb (about 2 hrs after). Also I feel a bit nauseous / dizzy. Is this normal?

cheekyget
    Free Member

I don’t know about you …but I love the sting of nettles…..almost like a rush!!.?.am I weird ??….lol

Saccades
    Free Member

No it’s not.

coat in vinegar (it breaks down the poison), take an anti-histimine and you should see relief very quickly, if not I’d ring the NHS helpline.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I don’t know about you …but I love the sting of nettles…..almost like a rush!!.?.am I weird ??….lol

I would normally be with you but this is taking a weird turn.

soulrider
    Free Member

I am kind of with you cheekyget
    I have been mtbing to work recently and whipping past alot of nettles.. I sit at work all day with my arms and legs humming/buzzing all day long.
    gives me a nice warm fuzzy that I MTBed to work.

Stevet1
    Free Member

coat in vinegar (it breaks down the poison), take an anti-histimine and you should see relief very quickly,

Hmm well at work ATM and don’t have access to vinegar. I’ll see if it gets any worse. I didn’t suffer any nettle stings to my hands as I was wearing gloves but the back of my hand is numb and palm is pins and needles.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

soulrider – Member
    I am kind of with you cheekyget
    I have been mtbing to work recently and whipping past alot of nettles.. I sit at work all day with my arms and legs humming/buzzing all day long.
    gives me a nice warm fuzzy that I MTBed to work.

yep… on a split shift all week so it means i’ve got until 14:00 to myself, no wife, no kids, i love the middle irritation whilst being sat at my desk… i feel superior to other people because of it. 😆

Saccades
    Free Member

Wash effected areas – then use cellotape to remove any remaining tubes – could try fruit juice (citrus would contain most acid) to break it down.

Kinda stuck after that tbh.

Xylene
    Free Member

ask a colleague to pee on you

Xylene
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG96bbOaUQk[/video]

unovolo
    Free Member

ask a colleague to pee on you

Most bizarre chat up line ever,
    ‘Scuse me love could you just p!55 on my arm its for the nettle stings you see!’

Xylene
    Free Member

i dont generally chat up colleagues

Stevet1
    Free Member

I think Nettle stings are an alkali, as is urine so that isn’t going to help. I can only think of one thing manufactured by the body that is acid but I’m not going to go there.
    pins and needles is going and being replaced by a kind of burning sensation.

Xylene
    Free Member

its formic acid

Stevet1
    Free Member

Oo so it is, well sort of, google also suggests Tartric acid but anyway. Cheers.

Suggsey
    Free Member

As no one else has suggested it it could be cat aids and you just need to MTFU 😆

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Has anyone got any ideas for what to do with a numb hand

jekkyl

ummmmm.

I fell off into a load of nettles the other night. Half an hour into a 2/3 hr ride my mates says ‘do you want a beer?’ than pulls some peroni out of his camelbak. So I has one and finished off his as he didn’t want it. He actually brought 3 so half hour later I had the other one. Then towards the end of the ride we stopped for a pint whereupon I had a birra moretti, getting back on the bike I was bit ‘rasha rasha yahhhh’ and then going down some narrow wooded track, mate shouts me back as we’d gone the wrong way, I braked and sorta just lept into some nettles, very strange. The trick is not to scratch.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Antihistamine cream on the nettle rash

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Nettle rash’ is closed to new replies.