Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Netgear Arlo
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Evening

Are there any users of the Arlo system on here? (LINKY) It’s something I’m interested in, if only for the paranoia factor, and was wondering how it coped in real life?

bails

I’ve got one. Got one camera on the house not far from the base station and the other watching the garage at the top of the garden, at least 20 metres, probably more like 30 from the base station. It seems to work well. I got an alert while at work the other day because a little bird had found it’s way into the garage.

The batteries will obviously cost money to replace but it makes the setup a piece of cake because there’s basically zero wiring. I say ‘basically’ because our base station is on the network via a cable plugged in to a WiFi range extender. But other than that, just plug in the base station to a power socket, turn on the cameras and away you go.

If you set your schedules up right and the camera is somewhere quiet (I.e. you’re not using it as ‘always on’ CCTV in a shop) then the camera should only come on when something unexpected happens, like my bird, which means the battery power isn’t an issue.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

How do you find the magnetic mounts, do the cameras move about very much?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

jimdubleyou

Nope, they don’t move at all in my experience.

We have one covering our front door & porch – that’s on a fixed mount as I’d like to get a good look at anybody trying to nick it 🙂

There’s one on the back door and once covering the shed – both magnetic, both stay put fine.

Only issue I have is getting the sensitivity right.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers. Might give them a bash

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Netgear Arlo’ is closed to new replies.