Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • NETFLIX – worth it?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

Jus’ weighing up the £5.99 a month outlay. Whole family would use it, mummy, daddy, 5year old & 3year old.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Depends what you’ve seen already. House of Cards is worth it.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

For the price of a couple of beers a week? Totally worth it. Use it most days. Good selection of stuff and a lot more convenient (and legal) way of watching films and tv shows.

shermer75
    Free Member

+1 House of Cards. Currently watching Dexter too. You will be disappointed of you’ve seen the US version though, there is much less choice

grum
    Free Member

I think it’s worth it. If you get bored with the UK selection you can switch to the US or Canadian ones with Unblock US.

jon1973
    Free Member

They do a free trial, so it won’t cost you anything to find out.

clunker

I am a Netflixs and LoveFilm user, I would say LF is better value, films seem to update more and better, however as mentioned above if you can get it opened up to view the US stuff then its a winner.

clunker

I am a Netflixs and LoveFilm user, I would say LF is better value, films seem to update more, however as mentioned above if you can get it opened up to view the US stuff then its a winner.

baden

We found NF a most frustrating experience. Having joined and hoped for up to date films we found one or two, but the vast majority was just rubbish which should have never seen the light of day. We would waste our evenings trying to find something worth watching.

As to whether it is any better than LF I can’t comment having never joined. If you like some of the specific shows NG exclusively supplies then all good, but otherwise save your money and spend it on something else.

grum
    Free Member

We found NF a most frustrating experience. Having joined and hoped for up to date films we found one or two, but the vast majority was just rubbish which should have never seen the light of day. We would waste our evenings trying to find something worth watching.

NF is pretty poor for films, but there’s loads of great TV shows on there. The Canadian one had a much better film selection.

samuri
    Free Member

I think it’s well worth it but yes, you do have to work sometimes to find decent films.
    Some great series on there.

I asked a similar question recently.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/netflix-lovefilm-or

We didn’t bother in the end. We pick up films as and when from charity shops.
    The shelves are overflowing now, we’ll have to start taking them back soon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘NETFLIX – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.