Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Netflix v Now tv question
  • jimster01

We’re subscribing to Netflix atm, but getting frustrated at the lack of choice when you get down to it.

Anyone tried/use Now tv,and how do you find it?

Cheers

Bregante

We’ve had NowTV for just coming up to a year. It’s OK. Not amazing but worth the money in my opinion. Never used Netflix but from what I’ve seen it has a better range of TV Series but perhaps a lesser range of current movies (although NowTV has some blockbusters missing from its repertoire too.)

oldnpastit

I’ve had Netflix for over a year, and just signed up for NowTV (30 day free trial). Lots more films and TV series to choose from that you might actually want to watch, but quite a lot more expensive. Still unsure if I’ll keep it.

gobuchul
    Free Member

If you access Netflix through a PC and use Chrome get Hola.

It’s a free VPN app that allows you to trick Netflix into thinking you are in the US and you get a much bigger choice on the US website.

You simply log in with your existing log in details. Works well for me.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

I use Unblockus for the vpn trick. Gives you all the Netflix regions and lots more. Cost $5.00 per month.

m360
    Free Member

I’m on Netflix and have just taken the 30 day free trial for NowTV.

Netflix has enough to keep me entertained, especially the box sets.

NowTV – I’ve watched plenty of films during my free trial but won’t be continuing it. I prefer the box sets and documentaries, and price, of Netflix.

Also NowTV doesn’t seem to work on my Mac (they say it’s a Silverlight problem and suggest various hacks to fix it, however Netflix runs using Silverlight just fine), doesn’t have a “last watched” or “favourites” folder either, and I find the interface very poor to be honest (on Apple TV).

Why not just get the 30 day free trial for it and see what you think?

Personally I’m going to stick with Netflix at £6.99 a month, and if I want a blockbuster movie I’ll rent it from iTunes. NowTV is just too expensive for what it is.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I’ve got both, although only took NowTV recently as we got a deal for 4 months free movies through our smart TV. The Netflix app is miles better as the NowTV app on both out TV and the PS3 is pretty rubbish. Netflix is better in terms of movies IMO but NowTV is better for TV.

If there’s something I can use with my router or the TV itself to make Netflix think I’m in the US then I’d stick with Netflix rather than both.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a free VPN app that allows you to trick Netflix into thinking you are in the US and you get a much bigger choice on the US website.

I found the opposite actually. When I checked a lot of what we were watching wasn’t available in the US, presumably because it was still on broadcast telly.

The best thing to do with Netflix I reckon is to broaden your tastes. Rather than looking for what you know, take a punt on something random or foreign that you’ve never heard of. You’ve nothing to lose after all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Netflix v Now tv question’ is closed to new replies.