Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • NetFlix – Tell me about it…
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Web site says £5.99 a month but doesn’t make it easy to see what the deal is. So is it £5.99 for so much and then top ups or is it £5.99 all in?

peterfile
    Free Member

£5.99 a month for full access.

Use the free trial and see if you like it.

johnners
    Free Member

Like peterfile says, get the trial and see. There aren’t any top-ups, but it might be worth using a proxy to get access to the US (or other country) content.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spud-face

I presumed it was all in, may explain the lack of choice if there’s top-ups to be had though. Three weeks into the month free trial and i’ve watched everything i’d consider “must watch”, now lucky dipping thorugh the indie and world films. There’s not enough choice for me to actually subscribe to it, a free month trial every year’d do me.

Someone mentioned here recently that someone they knew just made new email accounts and perpetually free-trialled.

p.s. this is well worth watching by the way:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE94RKIE7xQ[/video]

rp16v
    Free Member

We went for it for the series/box sets for the misses there are a few good documents on there and new films added every 2 or so weeks if ventured into some of the cheesey stuff some of it it quite amusing
    Be sure to check out the doc on bronys 😆

nickname
    Free Member

Think it’s worth it – House of Cards and Lilyhammer are great – can get pretty addictive mind… 🙂

tomfun

Me and the ball and chain watch it every now again but it’s worth it’s weight in gold for all the kids stuff for the 3yo to watch

john_drummer
    Free Member

Hansel & Gretel – Witch Hunters is good for a laugh. full of anachronisms & americanisms (for a film set in Europe) but what the heck

Jericho is ok if you like post-nuke-apocalypse type series. I’ve got loads of stuff still to watch. some turns out to be rubbish but some of it isn’t bad

hammyuk
    Free Member

Lost Girl, Warehouse 13, all of Breaking Bad, etc.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i dont have live tele anymore, just use netflix, and the various on demand channels. netflix does get updated with new stuff every month but there is alot of chaff.

there is a lot of very watchable stuff that no-one has ever heard of so we have a ten minute rule- put anyhting on, and if it looks crap after 10 mins, put something else on

also alternating between netfix and now tv every other month means you get more choice and neither make you sign up for more than a month

robdob
    Free Member

Just cancelled Netflix before the free trial finished. Didn’t think it was worth the money to pay for it, not really any films we wanted to watch. Not for us.

tinribz
    Free Member

p.s. this is well worth watching by the way:

Not bad. Will return the favour with Twilight Samurai.

On demand does takes a little getting used to.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What tyres box for Netflix?

BigJohn

Roku

We just got a Roku LT for £50 and we’re very chuffed with it.

iPlayer, Netflix and Spotify are what we use most, plus playing music and showing pics from your phone. Haven’t figured how to show video from phone or home PC yet.

Just found out what a Brony is. feel a bit sick.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Roku +1 – it does NowTV & BBC IPlayer as well

spud-face

tinribz – Member

Will return the favour with Twilight Samurai.

i started watching that last night, but couldn’t get into it (wrong mood at the time as as much as anything). Will try it again today if it’s worth the go.

Alex

We subscribed after my 14 year old daugher complained of ‘media povety’ 😉 she watches loads of fairly obscure stuff. I caught up with stuff I used to enjoy but missed episodes (like hustle and firefly if that’s your kind of thing). We’ve watched a few movies as a family but it’s it does require a bit of research to find anything good.

Going to stick with it for a few months. And tonight we’re going to watch the movie ^^ up there. Although I feel it’s not going to have a happy ending 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

Safety Not Guaranteed added to my list. Very happy 😀

marko75
    Free Member

We stream our via the PS3 – could be an excuse to buy another toy.

Although there is some utter rubbish on there – a lot of it is good. The house of cards, the unit, break bad etc all good tv series.

Some of the films are great also – watched the tower block and although it was a b rated movie I thought it was great! For the couple of pound a month its perfect for the winter 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

And to return the favour:

Beware of Mr Baker. Brilliant!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I got a Chromecast from the US via a colleague, worked out under 20 quid. Great for Netflix, YouTube and Google Play with more to come hopefully.

Very simple to set up and ‘cast’ to from a phone, tablet or browser tab.

grievoustim
    Free Member

New house of cards episodes coming soon – there was a trailer for it at the cinema last week

stu1972
    Free Member

PS3 client is really good. Ours died last week so bought an Apple TV 3 for netflix amongst other things. Not a patch on the PS3 version IMO.

IHN

Given that my multi-media-on-demand-smart-tv-streaming device of choice is an old laptop plugged into the back of the telly, I assume I can just access/log in to NetFlix on that and hey presto? A box/roku/chromecast whatever is not required?

tinribz
    Free Member

^^^ Yes.

WD TV Live here though, doubles up as media player from network drive or usb stick.

footflaps

Just downloading Safety not guarenteed now!

iffoverload
    Free Member

Pandorum, scifi thriller 👿

Hummingbird tough guy and nun in London 😀

footflaps

Is Pandorum the one with the ship from earth which crash lands somewhere and half the crew and turned to cannibal mutants?

john_drummer
    Free Member

sh don’t tell him, it’s on my list…

Olly
    Free Member

Firefly is on there therefore its awesome.

Also, its complete junk, but we rather enjoyed Castle.

Basically CSI:firely. loads of references in it.

Also, for those of you who know it Dr Lanie Parish is “the girl” from WuTangClans Gravel pit.

footflaps

Justed Watched Safety not Guarenteed. I really liked it, some heartfelt performances and a very lovely lead actress….

sc-xc

The League is great, and American Office

wiggles
    Free Member

[/quote]Someone mentioned here recently that someone they knew just made new email accounts and perpetually free-trialled.

Was me talking about my tight-arse brother-in-law!

My missus uses netflix still but i have run out of things i want to watch really

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘NetFlix – Tell me about it…’ is closed to new replies.