Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Netflix – Suggestions
  • kerley
    Free Member

monsters lurking behind lucid walls of a bungalow which when opened provide a gateway to a whole other dimension is not batshit!?

Not to me. I still preferred season 2 for what it was worth and it was a proper continuation rather than a “season 1 did well we had better cobble together another one” Hopefully they know when to stop and there won’t be a season 3 as it is not needed.

rene59
    Free Member

Watched Mudbound last night, good movie, especially compared to the other Netflix movies I’ve seen. 98% on Rotten Tomatoes as well so I wasn’t the only one who liked it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mudbound/

philmccrackin
    Free Member

yeah heard about Mudbound – Oscar contender apparently…

cheviots
    Free Member

Just finished Mindhunter, not quite what I expected it to be but very good none the less.

wrightyson
    Free Member

54 Netflix shows in order.
    Saw this today which may prove very helpful to tjis thread.

rene59
    Free Member

yeah heard about Mudbound – Oscar contender apparently…

That would be interesting if it did as I don’t think the likes of Netflix goes down too well with Hollywood.

“Marco Polo” Critic score: 24% Audience score: 93% Some big differences in there.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s more useful as a list that a yard stick of quality id say. So.e stuff on it I’ve never heard of which may be worth a watch.

jonnyyeti
    Free Member

currently watching hannibal which is quiet good took a bit of getting used to not being anthony hopkins but it is good.

Watched Breaking bad, better call saul, stranger things, making a murderer and Icarus

philmccrackin
    Free Member

Saw this today which may prove very helpful to tjis thread.

ive mentioned before Master of none is incredible. real No 1 as i CBA with that Mystery Science Theater 3000….

No 19. ‘Love’ is great is too. one particular scene in ‘The Date’ episode might be the funniest bit of tele ive ever seen!

timmys

currently watching hannibal which is quiet good took a bit of getting used to not being anthony hopkins but it is good.

If you like Hannibal then you’ll like American Gods (on Amazon) if you haven’t seen it. Same writer/creator and very similar feel.

rone

Two new good ones for me:

Flint Town – Flint Police force get a searing doc about the crap they and the city have had to endure. Poverty, crime and politics come to a head in a beautifully shot documentary as the massively under resourced deal with their day to day lives.

Brutal and very honest.

Money Heist – Spanish robbery caper about some crims taking over the Spanish Royal Mint. But so much more. Cleverly interwoven characters help push this Prison Break type fayre well above average.

footflaps

Can’t recall if I’ve already recommend Dark on this thread. Was most excellent.

Last one we watched was The Frozen Dead, a French detective murder mystery, which was OK, but nothing amazing.

martinhutch

Watched Icarus, a documentary being promoted on the back of winning an Oscar.

Starts off quite mundanely, then veers off into something quite extraordinary. Well worth a watch, I found it utterly gripping.

qwerty
    Free Member

Meru – a fantastic, well shot documentary. How to deal with a high altitude stroke? = just carry on! Very unique individuals.

martinhutch

Yep, watched that too. Another great doco. Also Valley Uprising, a documentary about the various ‘characters’ at the top end of Yosemite climbing over the past half century or so.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just finished The Punisher last night. Enjoyed it – and I usually don’t really like comic book movies/TV.

Soon forgot it was Shane from the Walking Dead but never quite got over Desi from Girls being Micro.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Netflix – Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.