Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Netflix – Suggestions
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Suburra Kinda like Sopranos except even better imho. And I loved the Sopranos! (It’s in 4k too!) oh and Italian with English subtitles

doom_mountain

Just getting stuck into mindhunter, superb so far.
    Really liked Narcos.

sadexpunk

currently ‘binge-watching’ and enjoying ‘the sinner’. just episodes 6, 7 and 8 left.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Watched the first 2 episodes of the sinner last night. That’s some fubar business. Waiting for kids to go to bed to carry on.

Done mind hunter. Done suburra.

BikePawl
    Free Member

northernmatt – Member
    Not crime but The Expanse is ace.

Thanks for the recommendation, just watched the first series, really good.
    It really felt like they were in zero g, loved the language used.
    Can’t wait to watch the next series.

philmccrackin
    Free Member

thanks to the other thread, im currently watching, and desperately trying to love it as much as everyone else (but struggling) the Detectorists.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Gotham,- just finished it, cant wait for more
    Star Trek – Discovery, pleasantly surprised by it
    Suits – Loved it
    A Typical,- just started it and liking it so far, kinda indie feel but amusing enough

keir
    Free Member

American vandal is worth a look. Most of my other recent favourites have been covered. Ozark is decent too.

northernmatt

[/quote]BikePawl – Member

Thanks for the recommendation, just watched the first series, really good.

If you like that have a look at Star Trek Discovery. Watched the first one last night and it was very good.

dazh

The trouble with netflix is you get sucked in to watching some utter rubbish. Last week it was Salvation (trust me the time investment won’t be rewarded by the ending), the last couple of days I’ve been off work and I’m watching Reign, which is terrible. Costume drama mixed with teen angst. It’s a horrific waste of time, but completely addictive. My daughters would probably like it, bit like The Next Step but in 16th century France.

BikePawl
    Free Member

Northernmatt, been watching Star Trek discovery, really getting into it, not quite sure about the drive yet, looking forward to finding out why it was phased out of use.

thepodge
    Free Member

Tried getting into Orphan black but terrible acting and 5 seasons means I’m reluctant to commit to it.

chakaping
    Free Member

About four episodes into the new Star Trek.

Some good stuff but it feels like they’re going too fast and throwing too much in. Is it worth sticking with?

Anyone else spot the Hitchhikers’ nod in ep1 or 2?

martinhutch

Anyone else spot the Hitchhikers’ nod in ep1 or 2?

Nah, missed that. Klingon Poetry? Towels? Ravenous Bugblatter Beast (of Traal)?

Currently on a free trial so I’ll binge on Star Trek, Stranger Things, Line of Duty then see what else is lying around.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just after they’d introduced the idea of the spore drive (which made me think of bistromathematics, obvs), there was a recorded video of some Starfleet personnel in peril.

You could hear someone say “Zaphod’s dead” or similar. We had the subtitles on, might have been easy to miss otherwise.

yoshimi

The Mist
    Bates Motel
    Bloodline
    The OA
    Flaked

And yes The Leftovers but not on Netflix

BillOddie

currently ‘binge-watching’ and enjoying ‘the sinner’. just episodes 6, 7 and 8 left.

Finished it last night. It’s very good.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Russian detective drama ‘method’ is actually quite enjoyable.

Nowhere near as stilted or robotic as uk crime dramas.

Unless you speak Russian, you’ll have to make do with subtitles.

Though, from the actors demeanour and mannerisms, it could easily be overdubbed with a broad Scottish accent.

tiggs121
    Free Member

We’ve been watching..

Fargo

Offspring

Mad Men

Rake

All good.

rone

Enjoyed the Sinner. Excellent start if a baggy middle, saved by a genuinely rewarding last couple of episodes.

If only Twin Peaks: the return could’ve been as clever, creepy and so smartly put together.

In fact the triple bill of Mindhunter, Ozark and The Sinner have been some of most enjoyable ‘telly’ I’ve ever seen.

It’s a winning formula to keep the season lengths sub 12 episodes and the duration of each one to be as short as it needs to be.

johnx2
    Free Member

some suggestions here…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHpLYpsGNUc[/video]

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m on episode 4 of The Returned and so far it’s pretty good, there’s certainly a couple of dumb things you have to let pass but it’s just about involving and weird enough to keep you coming back for more.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Northernmatt, been watching Star Trek discovery, really getting into it, not quite sure about the drive yet, looking forward to finding out why it was phased out of use.

My guess would be that they run out of navigators

martinhutch

Discovery feels nicely like Trek to me, certainly a lot more than the Abrams films – the last episode I watched even had an equivalent of Q.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Just came on to say “Limitless”, really bloody good.

StuE
    Free Member

Onto ep4 of Godless another great Netflix original

darrell
    Free Member

the only thing that goes on is Dinotrux

bl00dy kids

jimmy

Godless here too. Ep5 and already wanting more than 2 more.

rene59
    Free Member

I finished binge watching godless, it was quite good.

oomidamon

Just finished watching season 1 of Brooklyn 99, which was very funny with a great cast. I’m hoping the quality doesn’t slip for 2 / 3.

tenfoot

We’ve been watching The Punisher recently. Better than the usual Marvel stuff.

nim

Fauda is excellent, best show I’ve seen on Netflix. Make sure you select the subtitled version, not the awful dubbing.

Ozark very good too as is Stranger Things.

philmccrackin
    Free Member

I really enjoyed Stranger Things 1 until it all went a bit batshit at the end… Would i like Season 2?

kerley
    Free Member

I really enjoyed Stranger Things 1 until it all went a bit batshit at the end… Would i like Season 2?

I preferred Season 2 but not sure how it compares on the batshit scale as I found neither seasons to be batshit.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Don’t think anyone has mentioned “glitch”, an Aussie take on the returned from the dead theme, we enjoyed it, and season 2 has just become available.

philmccrackin
    Free Member

monsters lurking behind lucid walls of a bungalow which when opened provide a gateway to a whole other dimension is not batshit!?

jekkyl
    chakaping
    Free Member

Just finished watching season 1 of Brooklyn 99, which was very funny with a great cast. I’m hoping the quality doesn’t slip for 2 / 3.

It doesn’t. Best comedy for years.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Brooklyn 99 is entertaining, but

Best comedy for years.

it is not. It’s simply too predictable, simplistic and rigid. It feels like an episode of Roseanne at times.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned here, but Rik and Morty possibly fits that accolade.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

CBWTB: Cheers for the heads up on series two of The Glitch. I enjoyed the first series.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Netflix – Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.