Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Netflix recommendations?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

So, the sad news that I am nearing the end of House of Cards, what can I turn my attention to next on Netflix?

I want to watch Breaking Bad but I cannot convince my wife – what other series are worth looking at?

isitafox
    Free Member

Not a drama but if you like comedy then I’d seriously recommend Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Only series 1 on there currently but it’s a great watch!

legend
    Free Member

Narcos – best thing they’ve done possibly?
    Sense8 – takes a bit of getting into, then awesum…. if slightly eye-popping once or twice!
    Orange in the New Black
    Sons of Anarchy

there’s more too, but those are a good start I reckon

iolo
    Free Member

Tell the wife Breaking Bad is a cooking programme.
    I started Sons of Anarchy and loved the first 2 seasons, got to season 3 when the baby got taken and lost interest when they found out if was in Belfast. Does it get any better? It bored me senseless.

legend
    Free Member

Yeah the Belfast episodes were awful, picked up again right at the end of that series. S4 seems to be back on track so far

mtbfix

We are presently working our way through the U.S. version of The Office. Loving it.
    Sons of Anarchy also lost me in season 3.
    Wife has enjoyed Orange is the New Black and Orphan Black.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

+1 Narcos. effing amazing.

You need to give her a slap about Breaking Bad tho, she will be hooked in an instant and thanking you for ever. watch all that then watch Better Call Saul.

ive been watching The League too, that is pretty funny but i binged a bit too much and got sick of it… likewise Always Sunny.

Also, if you want something a bit lighter, they recently stuck up a few series of Still Game – I pmsl at that!

Peaky Blinders.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Daredevil

binners

Bloodline is absolutely fantastic. Bit slow to start, but stick with it. It sucks you in, then just gets better and better. Best telly we’ve watched in ages. Mrs Binners loved it too. She also gave up on Breaking bad as she couldn’t get into it. I loved it, but hey ho.

Just watched the first couple of episodes of Narcos, and thats looking like the same high quality stuff

razorrazoo

I’m on season 5 of SoA now. Not watch it for a few weeks and then did 3 episodes back to back when the Mrs was out last night. It’s getting better and increasingly brutal.

It’s not really one to watch with the other half though (unless she is into murderous gun running bikers).

allthepies
    Free Member

Watched the last S1 episode of Narcos last night, very good. Dialogue was difficult to make out quite often though. But quite a story!

legend
    Free Member

It’s not really one to watch with the other half though (unless she is into murderous gun running bikers).

Yup, the Mrs loves it!

allthepies – Member

Watched the last S1 episode of Narcos last night, very good. Dialogue was difficult to make out quite often though. But quite a story!

Really? Not found that at all. Did struggle with some bits, but cunningly they put the words at the bottom of the screen for me 😉

Bimbler
    Free Member

Daredevil is amazing, and this guy is one hell of an actor

but a very violent show.

johndoh
    Free Member

You need to give her a slap about Breaking Bad tho, she will be hooked in an instant and thanking you for ever.

We tried the first episode and she just didn’t get it.

In the past hits have been 24, Lost (most of it), The West Wing and of course, the unforgettable ‘The Wire’.

Got a bit bored of Sopranos and Battlestar Gallactica.

Cougar

I didn’t get Breaking Bad after the first episode either. You need to give it a few to get going really.

johndoh
    Free Member

I tried telling her that (after several people have told me the same).

Will have to work on her some more….

stevio

watched Grimm?; great ensemble cast….

shermer75
    Free Member

+1 Narcos. It’s based on the career of Pablo Escobar. Amazing performances and lots of eighties greatness

iolo
    Free Member

Dusk till Dawn series was enjoyable. Great acting but bloody at times.

mrchrispy

sit on her and make her watch the 1st couple of episodes of Breaking Bad.
    We’ve started Orange is the new black and it seem pretty good so far, not amazing but it passes the time. will check out Narco

Coyote
    Free Member

American Horror Story.

wallop

Rita.

(Edit – and the wife will love it).

P-Jay
    Free Member

Narcos is really good.

Braking Bad, I personally don’t think it’s as good as the hype, but it’s still very good – Saul Goodman is my favourite character so I love better call Saul, but you need to watch BB first – the pace picks up continuously as it progresses.

rone

Bloodline is incredible on every level. A bit steady but stay with it. Better than cinema.

Narcos is awesome too but not finished yet.

Breaking Bad goes without saying.

Netflix’s own productions are up there with anything technically and aesthetically out there.

jekkyl

Blackadder

Can it be true, that I hold here, in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest Green!

dazh

Not a series but watched Peckham BMX the other night. Pretty good for a very low budget documentary.

+1 Narcos. Just finished it. Do not under any circumstance watch The L-Word. It’s sh*t but stupidly addictive in a soap opera type way. I lost god knows how many evenings to that. It also has the most annoying theme tune in history.

sputnik
    Free Member

Bloodline

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Netflix recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.