Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Netflix – recommendations
  • alcolepone
    Free Member

Can someone recommend something to watch on netflix, I think we’ve watched everything that worth watching so will probably cancel soon. But its changed our viewing habits, and normal tv sucks now : /

iolo
    Free Member

Daredevil

myti
    Free Member

Do not under any circumstances watch a film called Equilibrium! Tricked by a imdb score of 7.5 into watching it but it’s utter tosch and a rip off of the matrix.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Do not under any circumstances watch a film called Equilibrium! Tricked by a imdb score of 7.5 into watching it but it’s utter tosch and a rip off of the matrix.

Only in terms of visual effects and fight style. It’s still a decent action movie with some cool fight sequences.

I watched Before I Disappear the other night. It apparently got pretty mixed critical reviews but I really enjoyed it. Something a bit different, great soundtrack and good performances.

Cougar

Orphan Black.

Better Call Saul.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Funny Stuff:
    Trailer Park Boys
    Bojack
    Archer

Serious stuff:
    Peaky Blinders
    Fargo
    Better Call Saul

jekkyl

How to train your dragon

alcolepone
    Free Member

tv series fargo might be worth a go.

tried daredevil, i have no idea why it gets so much love.

peaky blinders was really hard going. so gave up after 3 episodes.

beej

Community. I’m on 4 episodes a day at the moment, only 21 mins each.

m0rk
    Free Member

Continuum – Mostly for Rachel Nichols

tomkerton
    Free Member

Presume you’ve watched all of Dexter. And breaking bad.

Orange is the new black is getting a following with my mates.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Fargo (series)
    Bloodline

Both did it for Us indoors, great entertainment.

Also Bates Motel and Orange is the New Black

sc-xc

I really enjoyed Suits, very light hearted

drlex
    Free Member

Sense8?

Wally

Dexter
    Hijacked

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Also re Daredevil – gave it a look as recommended by a few of this parish. After 30 mins my brain felt weird and annoyed – somewhat akin to the feeling one might expect if being served a microwaved Rustlers pseudo-cheeseburger after ordering a steak and onion baguette! Probably my fault for not reading the menu properly 😉

Films have enjoyed:

O Brother Where Art Thou
    Blue Is The Warmest Colour
    Dallas Buyers Club
    Fargo
    Fish Tank
    Into The Wild
    Donnie Darko
    His Girl Friday
    The Apartment

MrSmith
    Free Member

A Great Beauty.

jimster01

Another vote for Bates Motel here.

feed

Friend recommended “Rake”, light hearted Australian series about a drinking gambling skirt chasing lawyer. Only watched one episode so far but looks like it has potential.

beefybfe
    Free Member

The Trip

martinh
    Free Member

American Horror
    wallander (Swedish versions)

kcr
    Free Member

If you have a laptop or Chromebook with HDMI out, install the Hola Chrome plugin, then you can play films from Netflix worldwide. That unlocks some good stuff that you can’t get from the UK service.

edhornby

I’m piling through the battlestar galactica at the moment which is a bit daft at times but zips along better than most of the american megaseries

twenty feet from stardom is great

WillH

kcr – Member
    If you have a laptop or Chromebook with HDMI out, install the Hola Chrome plugin, then you can play films from Netflix worldwide. That unlocks some good stuff that you can’t get from the UK service.

Worth doing a quick google on Hola before using it, seems they have been / are continuing to be a bit naughty in how they operate, and there are some potential security issues with it. (I’ve been using it for ages, but have recently stopped – more because I couldn’t get it to work properly with my android devices. I pay for a VPN service now which is works with all my devices and doesn’t have the security issues)

Back on topic:

Vikings
    Orphan Black
    Breaking Bad
    House of Cards (US version, haven’t tried the original)
    Sons of Anarchy
    Brooklyn 99
    The IT Crowd

Fargo, Better Call Saul and 24 are next up after I finish Sons of Anarchy.
    Watched the first of Bloodline after hearing good things about it… must be a slow starter. I’ll give it a couple more episodes before I give up on it though.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Another vote for Archer.

And if anyone thinks Equilibrium is a ripoff of The Matrix they’ve clearly not been paying attention to either.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

currently doing Dexter

Didn’t get on with Bates Motel myself.

batfink
    Free Member

The Good Wife is quite enjoyable – it’s fairly lightweight, but VERY well made.

saxabar
    Free Member

I’m piling through the battlestar galactica at the moment

Ah, to be a first timer, halcyon days… 😛

Despite lots of junk viewing of late, a new category “Cerebral Films” has appeared. Watched Hannah Arendt which was rather good.

oldnpastit

Fringe. First series is a bit wooden, but it then just keeps getting better and better.

freddiest

Lillyhammer

Pigface
    Free Member

The Bridge 1 and 2

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Hinterland. It’s only four episodes but very much worth a watch (in a Welsh Wallander vibe)

retrorick

I’m going to recommend the manga series that are available on Netflix. Kill la kill, gurran Laggan, hunter x hunter, knights of sidonia, pyscho pass to name a few that I’ve watched. All entertaining and occasionally difficult to get in to depending on the style of animation and wether you choose subtitles or dubbed versions.

binners

Absolutely outstanding series. Best telly I’ve watched in years

Alex

The man in the high castle (series) is worth a watch.
    Bosch (series) we thought was excellent
    Not sure it’s still on there but recommended from here ‘safety not guaranteed’ was pretty good.

binners

Watched the first of Bloodline after hearing good things about it… must be a slow starter. I’ll give it a couple more episodes before I give up on it though.

Stick with it. It is indeed a slow burner. The first 2 episodes are just scene setters and not much happens. Then it ratchets up nicely, and absolutely hooks you in. Apprently they’re filming series 2 at the moment. Very much looking forward to that

alcolepone
    Free Member

we’ve watched or tried to watch almost everything on this list.

not tried sense8 yet, anyone like it?

enjoyed suits, does go a bit alley mcBeal at times but is very watchable.

The Bridge was great, and also enjoyed the killing, but both are pretty dark(literally, couldn’t see what was going on at times on the killing).

watched a episode of rake, was enjoyable, just didnt keep me coming back for more.

As did “better call saul”, watched 5 episodes i think, its really dragging its feet. Nothing happens…

gave up on bloodline, that was WAY too slow. watched 4or 5 episodes, and nothing much has happened there either

the good wife was watchable, just a bit too predictable/ procedural. everything’s nicely wrapped up by the end of the episode, though that’s not much different to suits i guess.

First season of damages was a good watch. tails off pretty quick after that.

watched all of community, excellent bed time watching, as is arrested development. Fresh Meat was fun too

john_drummer
    Free Member

+1 Sense8

shermer75
    Free Member

Just watched this little overlooked gem:

I’d never heard of it but I’m a Steven Soderburgh fan so I gave it a try. Adds another one to the ‘there’s never been a bad film with Bill Paxton in it’ rule

pondo

Blackfish.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Netflix – recommendations’ is closed to new replies.