Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Netflix + Marvel = win
  • colournoise

Just watched ep1 of Jessica Jones. Seems cut from the same cloth as Daredevil, which I loved.

Think Netflix have the ‘grown up’ superhero thing nailed…

mtbfix

Now I am 2 episodes in and not sold. I gave up on Daredevil too.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I really like jessica jones, liked daredevil too. JJ turns into more of a psychological thriller than classic superhero stuff at times.

iamtheresurrection

We really enjoyed JJ, David Tennant was brilliant in it. Never watched Doctor Who, can’t help but wonder if he was good in that (not sure it’s my kind of thing though).

Just started Daredevel. We’re only on episode three but we’re enjoying that too.

shermer75
    Free Member

Massive fan of Jessica Jones. Liked Daredevil too, but thought that JJ was in a league of its own in the way it deals with actual, real world issues. Very grown up, very intelligent, very satisfying to watch

lemonysam
    Free Member

in the way it deals with actual, real world issues.

A friend of mine who works in community psychiatry reckoned it was one of the few shows she’d seen that made a decent fist of showing the effects of PTSD. Which I thought was interesting.

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve watched 4 or 5 JJ and it hasn’t clicked, probably time to give up on it. I didn’t like Daredevil either, in fact I can’t think of any of the Marvel stuff I’ve liked – hang on, I’m starting to see a pattern…

wwaswas

Netflix + Marvel

like a Netflix and a chill but solo and with a cup of powdered milk?

piemonster

Enjoyed JJ

MSP

I think that both DD and JJ suffer (same as many other current series) from trying too hard on the story over arc. Rather than allowing the characters to develop each episode facing different challenges(ers), and maybe bringing it back every 3rd or 4th episode to the main adversarial bad guy, they just push it too hard and it becomes too convoluted.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Never watched Doctor Who, can’t help but wonder if he was good in that

He was , he is good in everything he does

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hurry up with Nick Cage!!!!

donks
    Free Member

JJ and daredevil both excellent shows…
    Daredevil season 2 is out soon but I read somewhere we might have a bit of a wait for season 2 of JJ as the network has other commitments.

onandon
    Free Member

I’m on episode 10 of JJ. Nice and dark

Rorschach
    Free Member

JJ series 2 will come after Luke Cage (Not Nick!!! 😳 ) and maybe even after Iron Fist 🙁 (cue jokes)

Cougar

David Tennant was brilliant in it. Never watched Doctor Who, can’t help but wonder if he was good in that

His English accent in JJ is the same as his Doctor Who accent if that helps you any (his natural speech is Scottish). He was very good in both.

I’ve been really enjoying all the Marvel and DC outings lately. Flash and Arrow have been great as well.

I find David Tennant irritating to the extreme (I doubt he’d be too struck on me, but hey ho). I literally can’t watch anything he’s in.

Cougar

Your loss.

It’s not my loss if I can’t stand him, ergo don’t watch him. My win. Admittedly I very rarely even attempt to watch anything with him in, but Mrs STR used to watch Broadchurch and in spite of liking the programme per se, she had to admit that he’s blumming annoying.

As for Dr Who, the whole load of nonsense pretty much sums up what seems to be a specific syle of writing/production and hammy acting that typifies British drama’s so often (not that there aren’t some great British dramas). Dr Who’s seems almost to be a small step up from a prime time kids tv programme, it’s annoying style only exacerbated by Tennant.

Dr Who has been crap since post Tom Baker anyway! 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Dr Who’s seems almost to be a small step up from a prime time kids tv programme,…

Isn’t that exactly what Dr Who is?

I’ve always thought of it as children’s TV that adults like because it’s nostalgic and often has a young attractive assistant in a short skirt running around for the dads.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

late to the JJ party, great series love the fact it’s not hamming it up – yes DC we are looking at you here

And David Tennant is very good, his best mad doctor going for him and he was good in broardchurch, playing the not quite there guy with lots of stuff, he might be getting typecast, every role is an exaggeration of the previous

langylad
    Free Member

I remember watching Tennant years ago before Dr Who in Blackpool and Casanova, he was brilliant. What’s happened to Mat Smith btw?

Junkyard
    Free Member

agree re tennant watching those I thought he would make an excellent doctor – really liked Blackpool as well

I’ve always thought of it as children’s TV that adults like

Disagreed with the rest so ignored it but it is basically a family show designed to appeal to all ages but simplistic enough [ and not to scary] so that your kids can watch it as well

Not that easy to do IMHO.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Netflix + Marvel = win’ is closed to new replies.