Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Netflix. Anything worth watching???
  • littlerob

I’m surprised nobody mentioned Travellers. I thought it was really good. S2 coming soon.

toby1

No love for Orphan Black? It’s tremendous.

My wife liked the first season of this, I thought it was utter tripe! But each to their own!

Dirk Gentlys Holistic Detective Agency

Was good fun, really liked it.

Since Netflix enabled downloads they became my most used TV service, great on the train in the evening.

Narcos, Stranger things, Archer, Suits (yes it’s cheese, but still enjoyable IMO), 13 Reasons Why, Jessica Jones, Uncle plus others.

heebyjeeby

No shout out for Fargo yet? Although I think its on All4 too

mahalo

was just gonna say Fargo!!

for British stuff you have Inside No 9 & Black mirror, line of duty, Luther… or if you need a bit more easy watching, Still Game is on there, and loads of Alan Partridge is too!

oh…. Wet Hot American Summer!!

and must not forget Love and Master Of None!!

tomfun

Death of a Gentleman.

A good documentary film about corruption in international test cricket.

MrPottatoHead

Just finished season 2 of Killjoys which I thought was excellent. Reminds me a little of Firefly.

earl_brutus

peepshow series 1-8, FARGO when its on, jeremy Jones snowboard movies higher, further, etc. Fawlty towers. Sherlock. Breaking Bad. some music documentarys on eagles, stones, etc. Bill Hicks stand up from way back…I love it.

Russell96

The Expanse Series 2 is now on, excellent stuff

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Zoo.

As a tv show, it’s so bad it’s funny. As a biologist, it is also so bad that it is funny.

It’s a brilliant cross between Jurassic Park, Jumanji and the Walking Dead. The show was a bit boring in season 1, but it is so pitch perfectly ridiculous in season 2 that I’m worried that season 3 won’t be able to topple the irreverent and downright idiotic hilarity.

bri-72

Really enjoyed the returned. Warning though they never commissioned a 2nd series so you’ll be left hanging on ‘what next’ for evermore!

Caher

Really enjoyed Marco Polo – but they’ve also cut the 3rd series.

muzz
    Free Member

Ozark.

Just finished series 1.

Brilliant.

Time for Narcos series 3 now.

seadog101

I like it for the documentaries:

Icarus – All about the doping going on around the Russian sporting system. Some of the revelations make you wonder why Russian athletes are allowed to compete anywhere.

Cowspiracy / Food Inc / What the Health – have steered me toward thinking about being a vegetarian/vegan (not commited yet, but giving it a go)

Laughed my t**s off at Louis CK’s stand-up sets.
    +1 for Master of None.

twonks

All of the above, plus Black Mirror is great.
    All one offs but so much of todays society can be seen in the episodes.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

People Just Do Nothing is an absolute gem if you like your mockumentaries.
    Very clearly influenced by The Office. Great characters – Chabuddy G is excellent.

Come to think of it, all series may currently be available on iplayer to coincide with the release of series 4.

Keep it Kurupt!

i_like_food

+1 for Icarus, amazing!

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Recently renewed my subs to Netflix.

Great to see series 2 of the expanse.

Series 2 of ‘The shooter’ looks intriguing.

As does ‘New Blood’

I’m still waiting for Netflix to screen the last series of ‘Sherlock’…

Coyote
    Free Member

Another vote for Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency. Absolute top notch, must get round to it again. Recommend Gotham for a slightly different take on the Batman story. Some excellent characters in there.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

we stopped watching Black Mirror, we got too depressed!

sanername

I directed a film called The Hippopotamus*, which is based on a novel by Stephen Fry and that went up on Netflix last week. It’s a bit divisive, probably split on your feelings about the author of the book, but a lot of people seem to have enjoyed it.

*I don’t get any money from people watching the film on Netflix, so technically this isn’t spam.

jekkyl

We started Fargo last night, great 1st episode, loved it, likely gonna binge every episode that’s available now.

MSP

Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, is a lot darker than fans of the books may expect (or of the BBC series a few years ago). I enjoyed it, and it did carry the book themes through, just a much darker slant to them.

allthepies
    Free Member

Went through Narcos season 3 this weekend.

Top stuff.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed watching the bond movie (spectre)

and the Jason statham movies (the mechanic) have been excellent.

robzzzttt
    Free Member

Stranger Things
    The OA
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Gossip Girl (kidding not kidding)

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Netflix. Anything worth watching???’ is closed to new replies.