Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Netbooks?
  • truebloodmtb
    Free Member

Hi,

Im looking for a cheapish netbook to store data and browse the internet while Im doing jobs. It must have wifi and a large memory but I don’t know a lot about computers it could do with having Microsoft office or something along the same lines? can anyone suggest one? Ive around £250-£270 to spend.

cheers

truebloodmtb
    Free Member

A good battery life would be good as well

Liftman

Take a look at the Samsung rangen an N150 or similar.

RustyMac

Hi truebloodmtb,

I have a samsung N110 that i bought in the states 2 years ago and it is great. 9.5hrs battery life, 140Gb hard disk and it is reasonably quick for typing the odd document and surfing the net. My one also has bluetooth which has been handy for quickly getting pictures from my phone to my computer. One of the other really usefull things for me has been the built in mic and which mean it is great for catching up with home through skype from where ever you are.

My girlfriend has an asus eeepc, it was slightly cheeper than my samsung and has a slightly shortr battery life at8.5 hrs but i have also been really impressed with it. speed and hard drive capacity are on a par with the samsung.

Good luck in finding the right one for you. I think they are great for what they are and use mine more than i ever thought i would.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Samsung N150 here and it ticks all boxes for me as well as being nice and portable to, as for an Office program, how about Open Office, seems to be doing the job for me (and its a freebie as well)

truebloodmtb
    Free Member

Sounds like the Samsung is worth a look then

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Samsung NC10 here. It’s great apart from not very good battery life (about 3 hours).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Netbooks?’ is closed to new replies.