Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nest thermostat…stats
  • spooky_b329

Got my monthly Nest report and it has my Dec-Mar stats;

My heating was on for 45hrs a month, 68% less than the average of 142hrs…surprised!

This year, I’ve earned 120 leafs and am in the top 25% of ‘Nesters’.

No doubt helped out by my woodburner which has eaten two builders bags of logs this winter. And I did turn off the auto schedule thing as the occasional upping of heat after a night ride resulted in the stat thinking I wanted extra heat at 10:30 every night of the week!

How did the rest of you thermostat geeks do? 😉

SandyThePig
    Free Member

I was bang on the average of 142 hours. We’ve ditched auto schedule for now – might go back to it next winter.

We have a woodburner too but don’t use it much.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Ours was on for 50 hours which I thought was a lot considering how warm it’s been. I don’t feel so bad now.

spooky_b329

I think the burner in the lounge made a huge difference, meant we could set the temp lower as we don’t have heating in the bedroom, and who needs to heat the kitchen especially when you’ve got the cooker on? It was coming on for half how in the morning and an hour whilst the stove got going each evening

ebygomm
    Free Member

The receiver on our Honeywell wireless thermostat went kaput last weekend and I’m wondering whether to swap to a Nest or just a straight replacement for another Honeywell.

I already get a letter every month from Eon saying we are more efficient that 95% of similar homes 🙂 so would a Nest offer anything extra?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

You guys put heating on?

Soft southern pansies!

bruneep

Our Nest is a pile of bobbins, keep going “offline” Nest are blaming my router. But google says its a common problem. Did get a firmware update on Nest but thats not helped much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nest thermostat…stats’ is closed to new replies.