Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Nespresso – Superb !
  • the_lecht_rocks

I’ve been trying it out for a week, and in actuality, I’ve never tasted better coffee….

Superb !

Anyone else ?

Gotama
    Free Member

Poor relation to proper espresso imo. Very convenient though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Probably the best “instant” coffee machine ever but very pricey per cup (we have them in the office). Inferior to proper expresso machines or a Bialetti stove top coffee pot

dantsw13

Coffee snobs will mock it, but for ease of use, for decent (IMHO) coffee they are great.

Kuco

Just had 200 capsules delivered today 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

it’s simply excellent – no aggro and perfect espresso every time !

zippykona

I like the black ones.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

So what sort of price per cup are we talking?

Kuco

29 pence up to 33 pence.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

zilog6128

Poor relation to proper espresso imo

In what way is it not “proper”?

Jerome
    Free Member

Convert here.
    Just one in the morning mind..

the_lecht_rocks

jerome – why stop at one………….?

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m not really a fan of it black, it’s always too bitter, but it’s nice for latte’s or whatever. What capsules are the best for black coffee? The blue ones taste of cigarettes 🙁

the_lecht_rocks

tom – heretic – burn him lol 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Impressed with the simplicity and output of mine. Almost zero maintenance. The crema finish is pretty damn good.

I did a back-to-back comparing stove-top with Lavazza Rossa v.s Nespresso with Roma capsule. I actually preferred the Nespresso.

I was buzzin’!!!!!

Someone told me that patent on the capsules runs out soon, so there could be some competition on the offing.

Jerome
    Free Member

Try not to drink too much coffee.
    We buy about 25% caffeine free – which is actually very tasty..

Kuco

After looking around at various machines it was the simplicity that I liked. Mines 4 years old and still going strong.

Not a fan of caffeine free in any form of coffee.

Flaperon

Christmas £40 promotion back at John Lewis.

I bought a bean to cup machine but was sorely tempted by Nespresso.

johnhe

I love mine. I wouldn’t say that I’ve never tasted better coffee, but for the incredible lack of hassle, it makes well-above-average coffee,whichis good enough for me. I especially like mine because the decaf intenso capsules are very good.

RichPenny
    Free Member

It takes me about 30s to prepare an espresso from beans. How do you people cope with modern life if you view that as an incredible amount of hassle?

stuarty
    Free Member

Oh stop it .ffs
    Nearly spilled my nescaffe

Nesspresso equals thimble full of coffee

If it ain’t in a mug I’m out ..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

One question about nespresso and B2C machines…if you’re having a “large” coffee, do they just continue to run the water through the pods (or grounds in the case of a B2C machine)?

MrNutt
    Free Member

heathen!

Kryton57

Love mine, and my aerocinno for fantastic cappacino. Big fan of ristretto, and the recent special was very good.

scotia
    Free Member

buzz – the patent is already up…hence all the competition like from the old Nesp boss..

making work fun tho – got to invent new machines..

i drink some at work, but dont own a machine..

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Somebody made me a coffee from one of those machines and I thought it was barely average. I’ll stick with my aeropress. Lot less packaging waste too.

Scamper
    Free Member

Probebly helps if i actually read the instructions, but it never seems to make more than half a cup of coffee if you press the big cup button, and by the time you have pressed the button for a second run its pretty weak, so i go back to my mug with 3 spoons of nescaffe. To be fair, it’s not bad stuff, but the noise is a little off putting for dinner guests as they tuck into their after eights.

andytherocketeer

If it were for sale in shops, I might consider it. But it’s not, so I won’t.

AdamW
    Free Member

Love mine. I used to buy recently roasted beans but they would go stale before I finished them. It’s replaced the stovetop and cafetiere now.

Scamper: it produces an espresso/lungs. You put one or two shots in and top it up with hot water. You can program the buttons to deliver more water but I thought that was supposed to be a no-no for posh coffee? Anyone else know?

I also bought an outpresso to crush the caps for recycling. Good bit of kit but very expensive for what it is.

edit: Andy, Waitrose/ocado sell caps too but they are not as good apparently. I have a refillable cap but it doesn’t provide as good a cup.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I have a decent machine/grinder and use climpson/Monmouth/square mile beans but would rather have a nespresso coffee than one made with the above bean/grinder/machine combo but operated by somebody with no idea how to make good coffee. At least with nespresso it”s consistent unlikely to be overextracted and you know what you are getting.
    It’s still expensive and mediocre compared to proper espresso (not stale illy / stovetop)

davidjones15
    Free Member

Are these those godawful coffee in a pod machines?

Scamper
    Free Member

Am i being stupid here – a recycling machine for the caps, you are kidding me? Can’t you just stand on them?

AdamW
    Free Member

Yes, you end up with coffee grounds all over the floor!

andytherocketeer

Refillable pods remove all the convenience to the extent that they’re more inconvenient than a proper espresso machine.
    Never seen nespresso compatible ones.
    I’ll be buying a real machine, and not having my coffee habits tracked by Nestle like it were facebook.

Scamper
    Free Member

Ah, of course, but if there is a need to crush them Adam, you must get through a fair number 😉

bigblackshed

Brother-in-law has one. Pretty average IMO. But better than the instant he tries to pass off as coffee.

Mother-in-law has the Dolce Gusto thing. That’s just bloody horrible.

A mate is selling his Kitchen Aid Artisan. I’m very tempted. But I know how much he paid for it second hand. And I’m not getting the same saving. Still a good price though.

saleem
    Free Member

The Bloke selling them in john lewis said that the ones from waitrose were ok in his opinion, not sure if they’re any cheaper though, but he did say that the amount of people wanting to buy coffee for their machines was why he’d put forward JL selling the coffee.

the_lecht_rocks

Salem, hardly expensive at 29p per capsule from nespresso direct, considering the quality….

Kryton57

Starbucks Grande Cappuccino £2.75.

Nespresso Cappuccino (with 2 pods for double espresso), including the milk (yes, I’ve worked it out) 75p.

And the problem is?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Nespresso – Superb !’ is closed to new replies.