Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nespresso machines – budget options?
  • geoffj

Looking for a Nespresso machine to leave in the office – not bothered about a milk frother, so what’s good?
    Worth looking second hand?

danjthomas
    Free Member

By the time you get loads of free coffee it’s not that expensive anyway.. Better off with a plunger and some bags off coffee. I have a one in the house and it make nice espresso but I find if you make larger drinks it starts to taste thin and weak.

joolsburger
    Free Member

We got the Krups one from John Lewis 80 pounds and you get 75 pounds worth of coffee pods.

joolsburger
    Free Member

scaredypants

We have one in our office – it’s showing its age but has made probably 5,000 coffees (minimum).

A few of us shoved in a tenner each and, as above, we got a load of free pods to start us off.

They flog the machines as a gateway to selling loads of pods, so getting one to try out is really quite cheap.

As said above, if you’re wanting a bigger drink it tends to seem weak (so 2 pods is the way forward). Get some decaf ones too or you’ll be all…

vorlich
    Free Member

Have you ever tried a Nespresso machine? The place I’m working at the moment has one, with an assortment of different pods. The coffee is pretty vile TBH.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Pfft, just finished my Sunday Nespresso with cookie. Deelish

nemesis
    Free Member

Well, there’s always one, isn’t there? 🙄

As above, there’s usually offers for £75 of coffee included so they work out fairly cheap.

As it goes i have a spare Nespresso machine as it was cheaper to get a new one when the milk frother broke (when you factor in the £75 of ‘free’ coffee). I could sell it if you’re interested but check out what else is out there before. Drop me an email of you’re interested.

bamboo
    Free Member

As above, the offers with free coffee are good. Beware that the £75 free is 3x £25 vouchers, and it’s something like £60 min spend for free delivery, so you end up using the vouchers on 3 seperate purchases. Still not bad value though.

There are loads of unused machines on eBay where people buy them for the free coffee and sell the machines to unsuspecting folk who just see the cheaper list price than the shop, but don’t consider the free coffee vouchers.

piemonster

Have you ever tried a Nespresso machine? The place I’m working at the moment has one, with an assortment of different pods. The coffee is pretty vile TBH.

You sure it’s not been “office sabotaged”?

You could just be drinking piss and cat vomit!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nespresso machines – budget options?’ is closed to new replies.