Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Nespresso – as bad as I expected
  • flange
    Free Member

I’m indifferent about nespresso (the girlfriend had one, it was..ok) but the fact you end up chucking those pods out after each cup does have my lefty-spoon-whittler tendencies up in arms a bit. Shame they can’t make them out of something biodegradable so the environmental impact is less…

onewheelgood

They are an environmental disaster, hastening the extinction of humanity, and therefore probably should be encouraged.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35605927

zilog6128

Interesting point made in that link ^^^ about water/energy wastage. How many people boil (much) more water than necessary when making a tea/coffee/etc? Pretty much everyone who does it I’d guess. At least with pod machines that is eliminated.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Somebody already invented a little gadget to empty and crush the used (aluminium) pods (so they could recycled along with your tins and cans. Unfortunately, it’s no longer manufactured.

martinhutch

Can you not just stamp on them?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I mostly used these shoes for stamping on my pods…

Although one ought not to be wear socks … natch.

binners

I know what you mean Flange – but as someone commented on an earlier **** coffee thread they can be recycled

footflaps

Can’t believe we’ve had a poncy coffer snob thread and no one has talked about bullet proof coffee yet….

STW has really gone lower middle class of late.

Kuco

Seem to be the same Nespresso argument nearly every week with the same shite spouted.

johnx2
    Free Member

It’s not just nespresso. Pretty much everything is as bad as I expected. Sorry, espected.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Nespresso – as bad as I expected’ is closed to new replies.