Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nescafe Dolce Gusto owners – help please !
  • iainc

Just got one on these yesterday, along with a few coffee pods. the larger coffees – classico etc come though into the cup at a fair trickle and the machine is making a steady pump/compressor noise. However the short ones, expresso and lungo, seem to come through at a slow steady drip, with much less noise from the machine. Seems to take a good 3 mins for an expresso. I guess it's something to do with higher pressure for shorter coffees, but wondering if I have got a dodgy machine ?? any similar ??

Thanks

FuzzyWuzzy

Hmm mine's sat unused for a year or so now but I don't remember the espresso taking an age or going through at a slow drip.

iainc

just had a play at it witout a pod and then tried again, seems a bit quicker. maybe was a bit blocked up or something -) cheers

sharkbait
    Free Member

They should all flow at the same rate – or at least ours does.

scotia
    Free Member

That is strange. We work on those machines and the flow rate whilst not the same for the two length drinks isnt that far off. The capsules are however the same, its just the recipe inside the capsule that changes (for ex, more or less coffee etc).

I dont know the specifics about the DG as im more Nespresso but we have flow times of 25 for 40cc and 45 for 110cc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nescafe Dolce Gusto owners – help please !’ is closed to new replies.