Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Nerf guns!!
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

4 year daughter old crept up on me like an assassin and shot me in the back of the neck at near point blank range.. I’ll now be sleeping with one eye open.

devash
    Free Member
    CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Anyone tried the generic and much cheaper ones?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Got a bunch of pistols for silly christmas gifts for the family (no kids) and made up a bunch of targets but mostly we’ve been shooting each other. Ace. (particularily like that the pink girly ones hit like a bastard. Very sore ear courtesy of my mum, who managed to simultaneously disapprove of all this nonsense while shooting the crap out of everyone)

They might never get fired again, who knows 😆 But I think I need some sucker darts and a spring upgrade for mine.

kja78
    Free Member

Eldest daughter(8) and I turned granny’s 3 storey house into an SAS style killing house this afternoon. Granny not impressed! Daughter got bored of stalking Christmas card targets and insisted on stalking me. As NW said those pink Rebelle guns really sting!

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Rather than adding to our already terrifying nerf arsenal, the Mrs discovered ‘light strike’ which is basically laser tag. It’s pretty popular in the US but has seemingly fallen a bit flat here, therefore she was able to pick up guns for all of us and multiple ‘basestations’ for which are used for healing or ‘capture the flag’ style games for a total of about £50, the checkout operator that rung it all up was so shocked at the price compared to the massive pile of boxes that they got the manager out to check. It’s proved very popular with all sorts of special forces tactics emerging over the course of christmas afternoon and boxing day. As far as I am concerned they have paid for themselves already but I see them staying near the front of the toy cupboard for a good while yet..

eskay

Nerf jolt is my weapon of choice, less cumbersome than some of the bigger guns and packs a punch.

Our favourite game is ‘one in the the chamber’, one bullet each, the warzone is all of upstairs. Lights off, all start in a different room and it is last man standing.

Took a Velcro tipped bullet in the eye once and it was bloody painful!

mogrim

Got my youngest (10yr old) a Rebelle pistol, just as accurate as her cousin’s thunderbow and a lot more concealable…

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve been practising with my daughters handheld blaster things, while she’s asleep in bed. know thy enemy and all that…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Those nerf disc guns are very accurate. I’d recommend buying one of those for under your pillow.

kristoff
    Free Member

I have one of these.. It’s slightly lacking in range but for laying down plenty of fire power it awesome while others reload.. Comes with 3 18dart magazines!

[Img]http://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2010/11/12/22cfcd76-cbf2-11e2-9a4a-0291187b029a/resize/770×578/3510e3b9d6aafd658743eac4d017e2f9/p1050056.jpg[/Img]

Considering a few mods to help keep my two boys in check 😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I find a pistol works better for crowd control duties.

Northwind

Caught my older brother testing all the pistols so he could pinch the most accurate one 😆 The scientific method.

Debenhams and Millets seem to be clearing their nerf stuff out btw, mostly rebelle things at Debenhams. Millets have the cool 8 barrel shotgun thing

Mugboo

This summer my 3 yr old ran in to the kitchen with his empty, Glock style Nerf gun and shouted kerpow, I automatically picked up his Nerf rail gun and shot him at a range of 2 metres, sadly mine was loaded, luckily I hit him on the bridge of the nose (or I’m a crack shot).
    So remember to unload that ammo

wiggles
    Free Member

Just ordered the shotgun from millets cheers for the tip was £15 inc postage and is £22 everywhere else.

I am currently trying to make my rifle more accurate so I can pick the kids off at distance because the kids outnumber me.

Northwind

(boredly clicking around) Amazon has the Stryfe blaster for £13.79 and the Rebelle version for £12.50 which is about 1/3rd off, and the glow-in-the-dark battery powered 18-shot clip for £8 with bullets… See me reject temptation in an adult way.

Though obviously, spend ages looking at toys in a non adult way.

grahamt1980

Having walked into argos this morning and bought a selection of their non battery nerf guns I am now awaiting the visit of unsuspecting friends to shoot.
    Its all the fault of another couple of friends who bought some of the mini guns for us yesterday.
    New year is going to be nerf carnage at our house

scaled
    Free Member

It’s just dawned on me that my gf will be home when another £60 quids worth of nerf guns get delivered. I’d kinda got used to being the only one in on working from home days.

I just tried saying “But they were reduced to £30” out loud and tbh, it sounded pretty weak, even to me.

Northwind

Nerf +1,where Nerf is… Ah you get it.

andymc06
    Free Member

Just bought two shotguns with 8 rounds each and an alleged 75ft range. Expect local hunger games if you visit my house!

monkeychild
    Free Member

I am seriously contemplating the 2 for £15 strong arms for my 3(almost 4) and 5 year old lads as I think it will be a hoot. Not sure the wife will think it’s a great idea.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Some serious Nerf battles have been going on in Casa Swayndo over the last few. I’ve been rocking my son’s my new Mega Thunder Bow to great effect.

spawnofyorkshire

Currently rocking 5 guns and well over 100 bullets in my house. That’s just for me, my housemate and my GF.
    Oh yeah and just ordered two shotguns last night at 1am

JAG

I was at my Nephews house yesterday for a Family lunch and my Brother had bought him this device – it can do a superb job of laying down a suppressing barrage 8)

poah
    Free Member

got my 2 boys an elite CS18 each for xmas and a load of darts. no one is safe.

Northwind

@JAG, I saw this in Asda…

[video src="http://zippy.gfycat.com/WholeWhichAgama.webm" /]

Lummox

Carefull now, this is obviously the next step

[video]http://youtu.be/y4HD94W7on4[/video]

jp-t853

I got the wife and daughter a couple of these cheap night vision goggles (LINK) to go with their Nerf guns. They hunt me down in the house at night.

Painful but fun

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Nerf guns!!’ is closed to new replies.