Viewing 25 posts - 241 through 265 (of 265 total)
  • Neovite Colostrum – I think I have heard everything now!!!
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

No need for me to comment anymore then now we have that straight !

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Milkman

I see you have forgotten/ignored my question

What ‘conditions’ (i.e. temperature and humidity) and type of exercise (i.e. duration and intensity) are you suggesting that colostrum will elicit an improvement in exercise performance?

Or maybe you could postulate under what conditions this may be applicable…

This may have value in enhancing athletic performance

The latter was taken from your very own proceedings, which you didn’t even know had been printed/presented… that must be embarrassing.

Anyway, hometime for me. Have a great weekend all.

Milkman
    Free Member

LabMonkey

I am acutely embarrassed. I normally only refer to our peer reviewed studies to avoid criticism. It’s only in this case that I have resorted to a paper from conference proceedings. And at the age of 62 I might just have slowed up a little.

We’ve had good reports from Cecilia Morrison who took two veterans gold medals at 1500 and 5000m in high temperatures around 36 celsius and in reported high humidity at the European Masters Championships in Hungary this summer, when other runners were being pulled out by the officials with heat stress symptoms. 5k in around 22 minutes if I recall correctly, at age 70.

Phil Greening coached the England sevens for the Pacific tournaments a few of years ago and reported no sickness in the team over many weeks of hot temperature competition, but again no performance measures.

Nigel Mitchell of EIS and Louis Passfield of University of Kent both advised British Cycling before Beijing Games on the use of colostrum, but I cannot say whether they had any studies. You may want to approach them yourself, as an academic.

I’ll really need to find an academic collaborator interested in performance under heat stress in you want measures of this. It could be of significance to the military, of course, if we’re going to be fighting in deserts for the next few years. For my part, my focus is on the health of athletes because it has more relevance to the general public where gut and immune disorder is common.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foxyrider
    Free Member

because it has more relevance to the general public where gut and immune disorder is common.

Oh dear – there comes the old pseudoscience again! I guess you have papers to suggest immune disorders and gut problems are common. Most gut problems are dietary related and most people who think they are intolerant are not!

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Milkman

Thank you…

I’ll really need to find an academic collaborator interested in performance under heat stress in you want measures of this

and

For my part, my focus is on the health of athletes

With these two statements we have a truce.

All the best with your research in the future.

Jon

p.s. A small piece of advice, give up on the youtube clips and personal recommendations. Only argue your point with solid scientific evidence in support.

Milkman
    Free Member

Foxyrider

Here’s a link to a Prof Playford clip taken from an interview with journalist Ray Klerck, then the fitness editor of Men’s Health magazine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2vauvPVoM
    I have a fuller interview on DVD where they go into the incidence of gut disorders in the UK adult population and the cost of dealing with IBS and inflammatory bowel disorder. It’s not online but I’ll be happy to mail it to you.

triphil
    Free Member

Colostrum is a great supplement to anybody’s diet especially the dedicated athlete who is putting their immune system under alot of stress. This was one of the reasons why I took a look at it 5 years ago plus the fact I was suffering with IBS at the time.

I can only say that its kept me very healthy and has enabled me to persue my athletic goals to a very high ability.

timmys

triphil – Member
    Colostrum is a great supplement to anybody’s diet especially the dedicated athlete who is putting their immune system under alot of stress. This was one of the reasons why I took a look at it 5 years ago plus the fact I was suffering with IBS at the time.

I can only say that its kept me very healthy and has enabled me to persue my athletic goals to a very high ability.

Yet another registered today and first post in this thread 🙄

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Aren’t multiple and trolling logons a banning offence?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I told STW about this awful post I started and how it has turned into a bad infomercial……. They said they are monitoring it 🙄 but liking the advert revenue – Oh well!

Milkman
    Free Member

Foxy rider

I didn’t join this forum to promote colostrum, my brand or the brands that advertise here. I came because one of your members is a customer of mine who took offence at your initial rant and ask me to respond. Not only have you started a rant on a topic you are so plainly not qualified to discuss, you have encouraged a host of other ranters too.

I have gone to considerable lengths to give you all a biology lesson on the function of the gut barrier and its response to heat stress. I have also illustrated biological pathways used by nature to protect you against the influx of luminal toxins into the blood stream.

Foxyrider, I had thought that by giving you your way over my possible lack of clarity in not differentiating the portal circulation functions from the role of the mesenteric lymph system in endotoxemia, you would do as you promised and stop posting your rants on this thread.

Do you want a lesson on the mesenteric immune system and its functions in combating breaches of the gut barrier or would YOU like to begin it and I’ll tell YOU if I think YOU’re not getting it right. It might be a bit more demanding than a rant, but I’m sure you’re up for it. If you don’t I am quite willing to try my best. I have conducted enough post-mortem examinations of small intestines to be well aware of the extensive immune system supporting the gut.

Auto immune diseases anyone? How about Ulcerative Colitis. Please see the pilot study below.

Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2002 Nov;16(11):1917-22.

Use of the ‘nutriceutical’, bovine colostrum, for the treatment of distal colitis: results from an initial study.
    Khan Z, Macdonald C, Wicks AC, Holt MP, Floyd D, Ghosh S, Wright NA, Playford RJ.

Department of Gastroenterology. Leicester General Hospital. Liecester, UK.

Abstract
    BACKGROUND: Bovine colostrum is a rich source of nutrients, antibodies and growth factors.

AIM: To examine the efficacy of colostrum enemas in the treatment of distal colitis using a randomized, double-blind, controlled protocol.

METHODS: Fourteen patients (eight female), with a mean age of 45 years (range, 16-75 years) and mild to moderately severe distal colitis (Powell-Tuck scoring system), received colostrum enema (100 mL of 10% solution) or placebo (albumin solution) b.d. for 4 weeks. Both groups also received mesalazine (1.6 g/day) or, if already taking it, had a dose increment of 1.6 g/day. Disease activity was documented at 0, 2 and 4 weeks.

RESULTS: After 4 weeks, the colostrum group showed a mean reduction in symptom score of – 2.9 (95% confidence interval (CI), – 5.4 to – 0.3), whereas the placebo group showed a mean response of + 0.5 (95% CI, – 2.4 to +3.4). The histological score improved in five of the eight patients in the colostrum group (mean response, – 0.9; 95% CI, – 1.69 to – 0.03), whereas the histological scores only improved in two of the six patients in the placebo group (mean response, 0.2; 95% CI, – 2.4 to +2.6).

CONCLUSIONS: Bovine colostrum enema shows potential as a novel therapy for left-sided colitis with additional benefits over using mesalazine alone. Further studies appear to be warranted.

PMID: 12390100 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE

Moderator. These postings must never be deleted from this forum because they reveal the truth. Foxyrider and the others are outed ranters. Puffed-up, self righteous bombasts must always be outed before they turn into Tony Blairs. Let it be a warning to your regular members that the opinions of your resident ranters cannot be trusted.

Militant_biker

This thread reminds me of;

Moderator. These postings must never be deleted from this forum because they reveal the truth. Foxyrider and the others are outed ranters. Puffed-up, self righteous bombasts must always be outed before they turn into Tony Blairs. Let it be a warning to your regular members that the opinions of your resident ranters cannot be trusted.

You telling STW how to run their forum after turning up here in disguise to promote your BS, posting on a couple of threads and insulting the regulars? A bit rich – I think you best stick to advocating cow’s milk up the bum bum.

Milkman
    Free Member

I consider that only LabMonkey has posted anything considered and honest in his arguments with me and I repect him for this. As for the rest, take a good look at the long list of unfounded accusations and spurious claims you have set out against me before you accuse me of being insulting. Why do you think Foxyrider is trying to get the moderator to delete the thread? Because it makes him look good?

foxyrider
    Free Member

No I didn’t say delete the thread I said enough is enough – as you are not a regular poster on here (as you joined to defend your product as any business man would) you wouldn’t know that a forum can be locked so nothing can be added to it. A forum article can only be deleted by STW if they think it is breaking a law. Now who is getting aggressive – the thought of all of your hours of ascending googles’ ranks with search terms like Neovite and colostrum being removed!

I am entitled to have a rant about a product I do not believe in – its called free speech – just as you have posted pages and pages of stupid research articles, most of which are irrelevant. As for the others on here they are free to make up there own mind about colostrum supplementation and I don’t think you have done a very good job at convincing them either!

BTW the thread started in response to the spurious as as of yet unproven claims you have suggested about your product. I have on a number of occasions on this thread have suggested that your product may have some benefits but it HAS YET TO BE CONCLUSIVE. If you has stuck with this we wouldn’t be arguing like we are no?

BTW we didn’t ask for a biology lesson did we? ALSO Please don’t tell me MY JOB about post-mortem examinations – I think I might have more experience in the world of pathology that you have or will ever have. Are you a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Pathologists all of which has taken me, from passing A-Levels to gaining my Diplomate status over 17 years of very hard study!

Militant_biker

only LabMonkey has posted anything considered and honest

That’ll probably be because LabMonkey procrastinates 🙂 I can’t be @rsed to wade through the pages above, mainly because it doesn’t affect me. I’m not going to be using Colostrum, so I don’t really care. However, when you try to claim that the above mentioned science is “the truth” – THAT pees me right off!

You’re insulting my intelligence by coming on here and promoting your science as truth. I’m sick of so-called ‘experts’ pushing cr@p at us, justifying it with weak science, hoping that people will just roll over, accept what they’re told and open their wallets.

And even in your retort, you’ve just accused me of being dishonest. Unfounded accusations and spurious claims I have set out against you? Which would those be then? Saying that you’re insulting? C’mon!

Milkman
    Free Member

Foxyrider

Let’s bury the hatchet. We all want an end to this, believe me. You don’t like having your integrity impuned any more than I do. This is the first time I have had to defend my work in a public forum. I would genuinely welcome you to make real world contact so I can introduce you to some of the eminent medical team I’m working with and you can discuss the modes of action OR NOT to any degree of medical precision you like. This debate has not been at a time or place of my chosing.

your friendly milkman

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AS many have suggested – shut up then.

You do your product a disservice arguing with people on forums especially when the eveidence you put out for your product is so poor.

Getting your friends to post defending your product is poor as well.

Militant_biker

We all want an end to this, believe me.

Do we? First you accuse me of lying, and now you tell me what I want?

Milkman
    Free Member

militant biker

I really wasn’t referring to you and did not intend you to be the target of my remarks. If you took it so, then let me apologise.

For my part, I do feel justified to take offence to the accusations of those who posted their remarks at the beginning of this thread.

Macavity
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qnx3

Today, 16:00 on BBC Radio 4 FM
    What Is Milk?

What is milk? Sheila Dillon explores the familiar but constantly changing white stuff.

foxyrider
    Free Member

you had to do didn’t you Macavity!

Milkman
    Free Member

Nice to have a happy ending to this saga.

Here’s the link to the press release from Queen Mary College, University of London http://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/items/smd/44647.html

and the link to the American Journal of Physiology, Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology, for the abstract of the paper showing how colostrum prevents heat stroke in athletes.
    http://ajpgi.physiology.org/content/300/3/G477.abstract

magowen100
    Free Member

Interesting results there Rofl,
    Forgive my ignorance (I’m an animal physiologist not a medic) but what was the control used in the athlete study? The abstract mentions placebo but not what that placebo was.

smiffy

I just tubed a bunch of proper new colostrum into the guts of a caesarean-delivered calf who looks like living; don’t want to have the stuff myself though.

magowen100
    Free Member

Edit: to my above post – just realised (apart from typo) that milkman’s first name is John not Rolf.

Viewing 25 posts - 241 through 265 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘Neovite Colostrum – I think I have heard everything now!!!’ is closed to new replies.