Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Neoguard fitting issue..
  • dudders75
    Free Member

Purchased an extra small neoguard to fit my Rock Shock Recon on my Giant Anthem x4 2012.

There seems to be a really small gap between the tyre and the arch on the forks, can’t even get my finger through, which makes the neoguard rub constantly on the tyre.

Looks like it fitted right but the gap seems so small?

Anyone else fitted on?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Replace in packaging and cut innertube to fit instead

tenfoot

Have you tried turning the bike upside down and putting it on with the wheel removed? You get a much tighter fit this way.

smell_it
    Free Member

Had a similar issue running reba’s with specialized types that size pretty big. Just cut off the lower velcro and used some zip ties.

muckytee
    Free Member

I bought a neoguard, then when I arrived home I saw sense and got a refund, which I then used to buy one of these: Bender Fender

I used zip ties when attaching it to the fork arch. I run 2.35 kenda nevegals with a recon fork and the tyres don’t rub.

dudders75
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

Just attacked the lower section with some scissors and cable ties and I guess it’s done the job. I’m out tomorrow so wanted to sort it tonight.

Muckytee, thanks mate, tbh I prefer the cut n tie RRP one to the Bender Fender.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I use a Neoguard with my Recon fork and 2.35 High Rollers and its fine.
    The gap isn’t that big, but it doesn’t rub at all. Fits nice and tight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Neoguard fitting issue..’ is closed to new replies.