• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Nene way Sutton to Wansford
  • timdavies

I’ve been riding this piece of “footpath” for at least 10 years with no issues. It’s a nice scenic linking section that avoids the A47 and has the benefit of winding alongside the river. It’s got kissing gates and stiles and I know it’s technically not legal riding, but I’ve never had as much as a glare from another trail user.

Last wednesday night I got stopped by the landowner who informed me that I wasn’t allowed to ride on his land and that he would be putting signs up.

He allowed us to continue on that occasion, but further down the trail there was a new kissing gate and lots of electic fence parallel to the path.

He wanted me to complain to Peterborough city council to get them to put a bridleway on the land “they own” north of the A47 and suggested it would link up to sacrawell farm.

There’s no real purpose to the post other than a mild venting. I’m not convinced the addition of signs or gates will make a difference to anyone I know who rides down that way, but it’s a shame the landowner has had a change of heart (He did say he’s never had a problem, but muttered something about bridleway access through his land being a concern with a planned Pikey development and thefts from sutton village.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Nene way Sutton to Wansford’ is closed to new replies.