• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by scud.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Neil Oliver- worst hair style for the job?
  • tang
    Free Member

I love a bit of long hair(I myself have hair that is nearly waist length), but if I was presenting a show that’s basically in a constant breeze/wind I’d want it short or tied away, not flapping about all over the place. It’s like some fidgety annoying dog.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mines not as long as yours nor Neil’s, I tie mine up if it’s breezy, can’t see why he can’t either.

flip
    Free Member

Why does he always carry a bag too?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’s got the shrunken heads of his enemies in it.

The talisman from which he derives his power.

scaredypants

Tang, earlier:

tang
    Free Member

Mines black. If you’re at mayhem I might let it down for you!

athgray
    Free Member

There is something eetie about him. I reckon he is capable of turning through 360 degrees.

CountZero

flip – Member

Where else would he carry his sandwiches and flask?
    I expect he carries a script and production notes as well.
    I’ve always got a small courier bag with me when I’m out walking, I put my camera, binoculars, travel flask, reading glasses if I’m wearing sunglasses and contacts, maybe a snack; no way could I get that lot in my pockets, especially in summer, I expect he carries a similar load of junk as well.
    Xanthe Mallett carries a small courier bag like mine as well..
    Mmmmmm, Xanthe Mallett…
    …sorry, what were we talking about?

DrJ

Neil Oliver – the only documentary presenter more irritating than Iain Stewart. Oh, no, sorry. I take that back. Nobody is more irritating than Iain Stewart.

onehundredthidiot

Equally annoying, inane grins and hair swishing. WHy does Neil Oliver always have to walk away from the caera looking over his shoulder.

Not as annoying as the words poetry and poem ,which for some reason everyone scottish in the med-ya insists is pronounced poYETry and poYEM. AAAArrrrgghhhhhHHH!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have to admit I like him, in fact I like all the Coast Crew.
    They come from different walks of life, represent most of society and are always informed to the point of not boring Joe Public impart teeny details and give an insight and High Level view with interesting off topic interjections.
    Neil, I can imagine, is good fun in a Pub, I think he’s well read, learn’ed an a bit of a scholar on the side. A guy you could happily spend an evening with quaffing large portions of Real Beer.

tang
    Free Member

Until his mop flicks you in the face or drops a hair in your pint.

cinnamon_girl

Nice to see guys embracing their hair! I’ve never understood why so many have it short or none at all, obviously excepting those who have genuinely lost it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I could always lend him one of my hair bands 😉

I’d buy him a Pint or two.

tang
    Free Member

I might post him some for Christmas.

cupra
    Free Member

I like him but he does seem to have some ‘feature’ camera angles and shots. I used to love watching Two Men in a Trench years with him and Tony Pollard? They did a Bannockbrun special the other night on BBC Scotland.

You cam message him on twitter about the hairbands 🙂 @NEIL_OLIVER

scud
    Free Member

I think the whole “feature” camera shots and angles thing is a BBC “we are being serious” trait, have you tried watching D:Ream’s Prof Brian Cox, he is always stood on a rocky outcrop just staring at the heavens and trying to look D:reamy, it seems that any BBC documentary must include some staring at nothing shots whilst a helicopter does a 360 degree shot around you.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Neil Oliver- worst hair style for the job?’ is closed to new replies.