Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Neil Oliver – fair play
  • molgrips
    Free Member

He’s just been on TV eating Viking food. Brains, balls, sheep heads, the lot – and he didn’t make any kind of face or even crack a joke.

That takes some doing. He said ‘I’m always telling my kids to just try stuff and that you won’t know if you don’t like it til you try it’. That’s putting your money where your mouth is.

onehundredthidiot

“These are the first testicles I’ve had in my mouth, to my knowledge” 😯

TuckerUK
    Free Member

“These are the first testicles I’ve had in my mouth, to my knowledge”

McDs, local kebab shop, etc

julianwilson
    Free Member

He’s left his little satchel at home.

T1000
    Free Member

Hakarl is an acquired taste…. Makes Swedish fermented herring seem mild……

Aristotle
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

He’s just been on TV eating Viking food. Brains, balls, sheep heads, the lot – and he didn’t make any kind of face or even crack a joke.

That takes some doing.

Isn’t it just a case of sticking it in your mouth, doing a bit of chewing and then swallowing it?

molgrips
    Free Member

For most people, that’s easier said than done when it comes to sheeps gonads.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Respect. I would not eat rotted fish.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Fair enough. I’m not particularly squeamish about meat/food. Eating dog, cat, badger, squirrel etc. probably wouldn’t bother me too much.

Live bugs might be a bit of a stretch though!

CountZero

Aristotle, while that’s true, there are certain aspects to the act of chewing, like the taste and the texture that add to the experience. As Neil was describing the taste of the rotten shark, I actually had a chunk of crusty bread with a particularly ‘tangy and flavoursome’ blue cheese on it, a rather fine Stilton, actually, so if the shark was lots stronger than that, then he’s a brave man for eating it without tears in his eyes.
    As for the testicle remark, how he kept a straight face I’ll never know!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Opened a packet of Hakarl in Stick Or Twist in Leeds once and completely cleared the place within about a minute. To be the most offensive smelling thing in a Weatherspoons opposite the Merrion Centre takes quite some doing.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’d like to add Hakarl is the most appalling thing I’ve ever eaten by a country mile. The taste is merely unpleasant but the smell and the texture are utterly stomach turning.

thegreatape
    Free Member

He’s left his little satchel at home.

Hardly grounds to eat somebody else’s though.

Aristotle
    Free Member

lemonysam – Member

I’d like to add Hakarl is the most appalling thing I’ve ever eaten by a country mile. The taste is merely unpleasant but the smell and the texture are utterly stomach turning.
    I’m intrigued. Will they sell it at the local Iceland?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Admiration for the bloke has increased imeasurably, gone are the days of Coast, he’s moved on at pace and become a must watch tv’ist.

molgrips
    Free Member

He can be good if the subject’s good. I watched the Scottish history one and it was a bit florid. Although nothing like as bad as Huw Edwards’ Wales one – that was too sentimental even for the Welshman in me!

2tyred

His hair and clothes are RIDICULOUS and some of the shots on the history of Scotland series where he’d turn suddenly to the camera and go “…it was a turrrning point” were unintentionally hilarious, but I think he’s great – obvious passion and enthusiasm for his subject matter and interacts well with the people he speaks to in all his programmes. Top man.

jp-t853

It was an enjoyable program but he is starting to look a lot like a woman in my village and it is disturbing me. It is time to lose and stop dying the hair.

Sodajim

I think the Danish guy was secretly disappointed his choice of tipple provoked the reaction it did.

And now we wash down the rotten shark with…. Black Death
    Neil Oliver, ” mmm that’s very nice actually”.

He’s Scottish you fool!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Neil Oliver – fair play’ is closed to new replies.