Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Neighbours roots in my flowerbed – advice
  • hora
    Free Member

Ok side of garden is an overgrown flowerbed- I’m currently digging down slightly to lay plastic/fill with shale and during the dig I noticed a fair few spidery roots. The shared fence is circa 7foot so I’ve not really noticed their garden before in any detail. Looking through the bedroom window they have bushes(?)/small trees that are circa 7foot right up against the fence.

Question, if I continue will removing the roots on my side kill these bush/trees? (I wont lay down weedkiller).

Can they have a comeback on me? I don’t want hassle but if the roots are on my property it isn’t my problem? If I point it out to them it’ll just cause agro.

Do I want to fall out with them? No, I’m not friends with them and I’ve rescued them from a nasty confrontation with another neighbour which was their fault however I don’t want anything to go petty with me.

Thoughts?

binners

I’m not friends with them and I’ve rescued them from a nasty confrontation with another neighbour which was their fault

vote now folks

hora
    Free Member

binners I wont even laugh. They are the sort of people that if you fall out with them they’d make it their mission to park badly etc etc. Everyone on our small road has said in all the decades they’ve been there they’ve never spoken once to anyone there.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Question, if I continue will removing the roots on my side kill these bush/trees?

It’s your land, chop them off. In reality it’s pretty doubtful there would be any damage and autumn is not a bad time to be doing this either as plants are reducing their water requirements.

aracer
    Free Member

Question, if I continue will removing the roots on my side kill these bush/trees? (I wont lay down weedkiller).

It’s pretty unlikely, but why do you care? It’s not like they’d ever know.

binners

Perish the thought you expose yourself to the life-sapping tyranny of occasional bad parking. Best leave ’em where they are. 😀

wwaswas

Neighbours roots in my flowerbed – advice

*thankful this isn’t an Australian forum so can be fairly confident it’s about shrubbery*

hora
    Free Member

I have only one hard and fast rule in life- never fall out with the neighbours/and always try and help them. Other than that I can commit genoside and keep dead ladies of the night under my patio.

tinsy
    Free Member

Your first rule may actually reap rewards with your chosen pastimes.

The roots your talking about, spidery bits wont kill the plant, chop away.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Cut the roots, they will be more established on their side and/or have gone deeper.

ALT:
    Turn it into a patio the extra storage may come in handy if they start anything.

Scamper
    Free Member

Hora rescuing neighbours? Are you Kick Ass?

hora
    Free Member

No, don’t you intervene/help- Or would you calm an argument down if you noticed it between neighbours?!?!!?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hora wins euphemism of the day!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Neighbours roots in my flowerbed – advice’ is closed to new replies.