Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Neighbours plastic baby?
  • muckytee
    Free Member

So my neighbours put a pram outside in the garden when it’s nice and sunny out. The pram contains a neatly wrapped and dressed baby but made from plastic.

They’re an elderly couple

So stw enlighten me, what’s it all about?

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Compensating for a loss?
    reborn

scotroutes

Trying to ensure a bit of peace and quiet?

mattyfez

Grandchildren left it round..

Or it could be a metaphorical scarecrow?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here’s a radical suggestion – talk to them. Ask them.

I’d suspect that they’d know a lot more than the bunch of blathering idiots on here. Self included.

Spin
    Free Member

Bloody stupid idea.

mattyfez

Totally nuts. You should form your opinion based on absolutely nothing.

That’s how things are going these days.

falkirk-mark

Wife knew of someone who used to drive about with a plastic doll and baby on board notices on their car. Stopped after she had a real baby.

muckytee
    Free Member

I can’t ask them! It’s a potential social minefield.

Me: why do you have a plastic baby?
    Them: plastic….?
    Me: erm…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Any hints on how to start the conversation on the subject?

Like, ‘it would appear you have a plastic baby in a pram outside your house, please explain’

That kind of thing?

bearnecessities

They’ve simply misunderstood the concept of a barbie in the garden.

Xylene
    Free Member

The privileged world of Thailand’s supernatural dolls

A couple treating a luk thep as a real baby at a high end restaurant, giving it a menu, holding it, bouncing it on their knee and sitting it in a high chair is initially quite an unnerving sight

Ambrose

it could be worse:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36189614

Maybe NSFW, but it IS from the BBC.

wiggles
    Free Member

Call the cops and tell them they have left a baby in the garden all day, wait till they smash the door in and ask what happened.

Seems the only sensible option

khani
    Free Member

Dementia.. it’s quite sad really 🙁

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Could be anything from comic to tragic. Not doing any harm so I reckon I’d not ask.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Dementia.. it’s quite sad really

The one consolation I can find in our robot future, is that I can hack one to murder me when it diagnoses Alzheimers.

Xylene
    Free Member

The one consolation I can find in our robot future, is that I can hack one to murder me when it diagnoses Alzheimers.

Only if you remember to.

jekkyl

Nip over the wall and install a walkie talkie inside the thing, then their ‘baby’ can talk to them, suggest killing Theresa May, that sorta thing.

theotherjonv

Perhaps they just like it. They say you don’t stop playing when you get old, you get old when you stop playing.

I mean not for me, but I also know this middle aged bloke who still rides a pushbike around in the woods.

scaredypants

Good work from the bear, up ^ there 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

Ooooo, good!

Andy-R

How old is “elderly”? 80, 90?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Left in the garden you say … disgusting behaviour

What if a fox gets hold of the poor thing ?

Report to social services

JackHammer

Probably look at you in a similar way. Being a grown man playing around with push bikes.

globalti
    Free Member

Once, cycling near Gisburn I stopped to ask the way of a really snooty woman in her 60s or 70s who was pushing a pram and leading a dog. It wasn’t until I looked more carefully that I realised that the baby in her pram was actually another identical dog. I still regret that I just rode off; I could have come out with some witty quip like “Your baby needs a shave” or “gosh, I could swear you’ve got a dog in there” but I got a feeling she wasn’t 100% up top so I said a cheery “thanks” and rode off.

johndoh
    Free Member

A friend’s mum took to carrying a baby doll around with her when the daughter (my friend) had a baby herself. I think she was doing it as the daughter lived a fair distance away so she didn’t get to see the baby much and wanted to feel involved. She took it everywhere with her (to the shops, on buses etc).

And she was (and still is) of sound mind.

Xylene
    Free Member

johnx2
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbB-mICjkQM[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

That er, thing, Quirrel posted. Is it wrong to want one?

Cougar

I can help you with one thing. A plastic baby is called a “doll.”

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Radical solution number 2 = mind your own business

Xylene
    Free Member

How about a unicorn baby?

Or Michael http://www.reborns.com/item/57307/4 – who actually wants Michael?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Sure it isn’t a real one that’s mummified? – see rosalia lombardo

maccruiskeen

Dementia.. it’s quite sad really

Could be Doll therapy but I think someone with Altheimers advanced enough to do that kind of therapy wouldn’t be living at home without a lot of visible support. A pram in the garden wouldn’t have been the first thing you’s have noticed

I think your young years would be better spent shaping a world that you’d be happy to grow old in. Anyway you won’t need robots. At the rate antibiotics are ceasing to be effective most of us can look forward to dying of something you’d have previously easily survived. A scratch on the cheek while pruning the roses should do the trick. So if your looking for ways to euthanise yourself take up gardening.

iolo
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1U21VBSbSs[/video]

beefheart
    Free Member

The dog in the pushchair thing doesn’t necessarily indicate full blown batshit mental.
    I know someone who did this, as the dog had had an operation on it’s knee joints meaning it couldn’t walk for a few months- so if you have another dog to walk anyway, surely one dog in a pushchair is the logical solution.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Knock on the front door and apologise for your dog’s behaviour whilst holding a doll’s head in your hand?

avdave2

Most likely they’ve found themselves living next door to someone they want to get rid off.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Neighbours plastic baby?’ is closed to new replies.