Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Neighbours large static caravan blocks view from my house
  • monkeyfudger
    Free Member

This thread has so far failed to deliver.

Take a pic of the caravan. Set it on fire. Take more pictures. I’ll assume you’ve had a bad day as it’s Monday. Take even moar pictures, this time of the abandoned cars. Take out your frustration on the cars with a **** off huge hammer while jumping up and down on the roofs like the deranged idiot council estate kids you read about in the Fail. Catch your breath while taking more pictures. Set the cars on fire. If you’ve got time, take more pictures. Post ’em here.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hire a mini digger and Bury it..

hora
    Free Member

Buy the land and build a large retirement home then disapear yourself but not before you’ve complained about it.

bigrich

go on the sellafield tour. take a jamjar and collect some of the waste dripping from the nearest pipe. chuck it over the fence and notify the EPA.

batfink
    Free Member

1. Pull caravan over, so that it falls into your hedge/fence/garden. Take photos once its down.
    2. Put letter through his door requesting him to remove the wreckage from your property, give him 7 days. Keep a copy of the letter.
    3. Have somebody come (via your garden) and remove remains of caravan.
    4. Put letter through his door telling him what you have done.
    5. See what happens.

I’m not a lawyer etc etc

Could you go to the local police station and say that you’re worried about him? I assume that he will pop-up on a number of databases. He must be somewhere – even if he’s dead, there will be a record.

timba
    Free Member

Occupy the land for twelve years (or it might only be 10 years) and claim it as yours

crispyrice

Tidy the place up, if he returns say it was the previous owner. If he doesn’t follow timbas suggestion.

tomd
    Free Member

Find the neighbour and pretend to be a vintage static caravan enthusiast. Offer him, say £500 for the wrecked caravan and do as you wish with it.

senorj

If fire is not an option,maybe , whilst looking for your missing cat,you could accidentally knock it flat with the large hammer/pick axe you fell over.
    Have you contacted the parish councillors? Surely someone in the village knows a relative of the missing landowner.
    Everyone knows everyone up there……..
    Does the village begin with a B?

hora
    Free Member

I imagine the owner is in a residential home.

konabunny
    Free Member

I imagine the owner’s collecting mushrooms in Namibia!

jambourgie – Member
    Is this like when someone moves into a city centre above a lively bar, and then campaigns for the bar to be closed on account of the noise?
    POSTED 14 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

something’s either a public nuisance or it’s not. it doesn’t matter if you’ve been there ten years or ten minutes.

wwaswas

something’s either a public nuisance or it’s not. it doesn’t matter if you’ve been there ten years or ten minutes.

Although there’s been several cases in Brighton of freeholders installing tenants above pubs who immediately start complaining about noise disrupting their ‘right to a private life’, venue closes, tenant moves out and freeholder converts previous pub/club into residential and makes a fortune.

[edit] re the OP.

If no one’s seen the owner for years and if there’s room then I’d just move the van somewhere else and worry about getting a solicitors letter whilst enjoying my new view.

packer
    Free Member

Personally I would try every way suggested to try to find the owner. And if that didn’t work I’d move/remove/destroy the offending caravan myself.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Static caravan so impossible to move

Erm, most do have wheels, you know? It’s only static so long as it’s not moving.

So move it. Can you not drag it to another part of the site?

Or maybe it’s stopping them having to look at your horrible hedge?

jimjam
    Free Member

Simply adjust the height of the caravan to suit.

wwaswas

I was going to suggest one of these 🙂

Jakester
    Free Member

konabunny – Member

Er…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuisance_in_English_law#Private_nuisance

😉

konabunny
    Free Member

I’m not sure which bit you’re referring to that you (presumably) think makes me look like I’m wrong. (Although I’m not promising that I’m right…).

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Really do think this thread needs a picture of the offending caravan/view

crankboy
    Free Member

no liability accepted for the following advise :-

tidy up his land yourself carefully rearrange the caravan scrap to a less offensive position conceal with planting put a fence/hedge up to include his land in yours.

treat the abandoned land as your own wait 12 years congratulations you now have a bigger country estate.

edit 10 not 12
    “Positive Prescription provides that where someone has possessed land “openly, peaceably and without judicial interruption (a court action which challenges the possession in question)” on the strength of a valid recorded title covering the land in question for 10 years they will obtain a good title to it. Such possession can usually be proven by the provision of affidavits (sworn statements by affected parties)”

v666ern
    Free Member

hmm, sounds like a nice development opportunity – how many houses do you think i could build on there ❓

just saying, would you rather look at your hedge or at a new build estate 🙁

Jakester
    Free Member

konabunny – Member

I’m not sure which bit you’re referring to that you (presumably) think makes me look like I’m wrong. (Although I’m not promising that I’m right…).

The section on private nuisance. So saying “it’s either a public nuisance or it’s not” is incorrect.

Of course, from the sounds of it it’s probably not a private nuisance either!

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Neighbours large static caravan blocks view from my house’ is closed to new replies.