Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • neighbour wars
  • enfht
    Free Member

Jamie’s disappearing bollard (with the eyes) would be an ideal punishment in this situation.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I fear you may be making an appearance on “Angry People In Local News” following some of these suggestions…

http://apiln.blogspot.co.uk/

senorj

I think that’s taking the Michael . Will they be back tomorrow to do the rest?
    On a positive note, he’s cleaned up after himself well.
    & I would cut the overhang to ensure even re growth too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    irc

As said it will grow back. You won’t see it from yopur side so uneven doesn’t matter. When I moved into my house onr side of the rear garden had a 5ft wide privet hedge. I cut back the 3ft on my side to the metal fence buried in the middle. Re-gained 3ft width of garden. Now have a tidy trimmed hedge rather than the overgrown mess it was.

I gained 5ft of garden at the other side by removing a leylandi hedge (trunks my side of boundary) and putting up a fence within my boundary.

If it is the OP’s hedge it is pretty overgrown. No wonder the neighbour trimmed it. Though a bit of comms first would have helped.

cbike
    Free Member

Privet recovers quite quick. The best way to maintain a hedge is a nice triangular shape thicker at the bottom and narrowed at the top so the light keeps it all bushy otherwise it ends up looking like it is now when you need to do major works on it.

CountZero

Can I just say it’s good to have Jamie back doing what he does best! 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

WANT BOLLARD!!!

PLEEEEEASSEEE 🙂

myti
    Free Member

Professional gardener here privet does grow back well but the way that’s been cut it may not green up where the bare stems are as the side branches have been removed but the top will keep growing. It would green out better lower down if you loped the outer most stems to about 3ft. I’d be annoyed too but this happens a lot. One morning a man with a chain saw appeared in the middle of my conifer hedge cutting a huge chunk out halfway along. My neighbour and I share a double row (one row on my property and one on theirs)of conifer around 7 to 8 ft high which give us privacy in our gardens and from looking into each others houses when in the garden. But they decided they couldn’t be bothered to maintain their side anymore so instructed a butcher to deal with it including my hedge. I stopped him but it’s full of holes that will never regrow as it’s conifer.

I wouldn’t put posts in that will cause hassle with your neighbour and may damage the roots of the hedge. I would maybe plant a few bare root privet whips in the bald spot and tell him you’d like to maintain your privacy from the lane and please do not cut anything past your boundary line.

Free Member

Can’t you go round and “own him with some bombers” or is that no longer an STW thing?

spooky_b329

Pretty cheap on ebay…stick em up!

Also, I stumbled across some fake hedge ones which would be good for a laugh, but not so good for encouraging the hedge to regrow 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘neighbour wars’ is closed to new replies.