• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Neighbour on holiday ….house alarm ringing
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

At 7 pm his house alarm went off.

It is now 11:26pm ,at what point can I go and smash it off the wall to quieten it.

alpin
    Free Member

police?

jamj1974

I’d take it as a good indication to leave his property and put his wife’s jewellery and take her pants off back…

Edit: Seriously, I would probably call the police.

Xylene
    Free Member

Many moons ago, while staying in a beach hut, a female beach hut dwelling neighbour went out at 5am to go diving, around 5:05am her alarm clock went off. This was a bit early for me, but never too early to enjoy the rest of the days herbal intake.

12pm alarm is still going. It’s slightly more irritating now, but sitting in the restaurant, above the huts, it’s not too bad.

6pm alarm is still going, I’m a bit cross eyed at this point, and really could do with a lie down.

11pm enough is enough, there is a small gap above the huts that I can squeeze through and turn the alarm off, go get some sleep.

A my rather large frame was squeezing its way through the gap above my neighbours door, she returned to see my backside and legs facing her as she came up the steps.

There was obviously a moment of embarrassment on both our parts, mine for being caught breaking into her hut, and her for her alarm annoying everybody all day.

I’m quite glad she came back really. I had not planned on how I was going to exit her hut which was padlocked from the outside with nothing inside the huts to stand on to get you up to the height of the door.

I imagine it would have been me that was the solely embarrassed at that point, as she would have opened her door, to find me more than likely asleep on her bed, with no alarm going off.

As for your neighbours alarm going off, can’t help you there. Maybe there is a cat stuck inside that needs rescuing.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did you check your neighbours property was secure and had not been broken into when it first went off?

myti
    Free Member

^this!^

Yak

Get your tactical torch out and investigate?

tjagain

I have put ear plugs in, opened up an alarm box that was going off and disconnected the siren inside before now.

kayak23

Onzadog – Member
    Did you check your neighbours property was secure and had not been broken into when it first went off?

Can’t imagine many people ever do this.
    Less so car alarms. Too many crying wolf. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Probably true, but if you want the moral high ground, it’s best to make sure you’re in a lofty place.

bikebouy
    Free Member

About 10 years ago my neighbors had thier alarm go off, started on Friday evening and by 3am I’d had enough.

I called the police, they called the fire brigade who came around and filled it with expanding foam, that stopped it dead. Honestly I could have done that if I’d thought about it. The neighbors also got a bill for the call out and some very annoyed neighbors when they returned. To be fair to them they didn’t know, but it had gone off on more than one occasion randomly over the previous year.

They disconnected it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Had this at my folks. It was their alarm.

Its surprisingly resilient but a 22oz lump hammer sorted it

natrix
    Free Member

Some of the alarm boxes will have a suppliers name and phone number on, give them a ring and get them to come out. Most of the time the police won’t do anything……………

wzzzz
    Free Member

Surely at 8pm you gave your neighbour a ring or a text message, and got them to contact whoever has a key (children? parent?) to come and turn it off?

Do people not have their neighbours phone number? Stalk them on Facebook or something.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

As wzzz says…

midlifecrashes

Round here the standard procedure would be to ring the neighbour first, then get another neighbour in tow and go inside, check for an actual break in, then lock up and reset the alarm. One neighbour has been cleaned out of computers, jewellery and electronics this year, so we all keep an ear out.

Yak

Similar to ^
    If I didn’t have the key, I would check with the neighbour on the other side who would have a key and together we’d investigate, then sort the problem.

Happened recently. No burglars, just the cats had turned the stereo up full and it was making a racket.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour on holiday ….house alarm ringing’ is closed to new replies.