Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Neighbour keeps dinging our car door…
  • ourmaninthenorth

help him out and remove his doors

Easier – weld his doors shut..!

D0NK

Some people are just utter utter **** who dont give a **** about the world and things around them. I was on a course last year and we had to go to the local pub for lunch, one lady who was driving kindly offered to take a few of us non drivers down there. Some fatty gutbucket, sat in the backseat, upon arrival opened the door til it hit the car next to us then dragged his considerable heft out easing quite a bit of weight off the suspension causing a 3″ vertical scratch on the next car and no doubt taking some paint off the edge of the nice lady’s door.

Point it out to your neighbour and ask him to stop doing it, make it clear your not going to be suing him for it or otherwise going apoplectic – you don’t want it escalating, he may realise what a tit he is being.

Yes it’s only paintwork and I wouldn’t worry about the odd scratch but if this happens everytime he parks up your car will end up pretty tatty.

PS some bloody funny suggestions made me giggle 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well I spent an hour with T-Cut last night and the surface scratches have come out, but I am left with three nice dents along the back door.

Decided to let it lie this time but I will have to say something if it happens again.

mrsflash
    Free Member

How was the scan yesterday M_F?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

All was fine thanks Mrsflash – mum and babies all doing fine so they are happy for her to keep carrying them and wait for a natural labour rather than inducing.

Thanks for asking 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

uplink – Thing is it really doesn’t matter if YOU think a car is just a car and ok to scratch, plenty of other people dont think that way and since it’s their property you’re damaging you should respect their thoughts and not clobber it with your door – it really doesnt take much control and it is basic respect for other people. Christ I was able to make sure I didn’t bang car doors into things at the age of 5, is it really beyond an adult?

I think I’d put up with the reduced space and erect a thin fence.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Good news 🙂

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Don’t let it go this time. Knock on his door and politely ask if he’s doing it. Then politely ask himto stop. Then politely bite his nose off if he refuses.

hora
    Free Member

coffeeking alot of people think its ok to do as long as they arent caught. If they are caught they go into the ‘FFS its only a flipping car’ defence. This defence is meant to hopefully deflect the car owner from taking £200 off of them at the adjacent cashpoint.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

After polishing out the smaller marks (still have three proper dents), another mark appeared over the weekend when the car had been sat outside without moving so I confronted the old guy – kept it very friendly and asked whether we were parking too far out and making it hard for him to get in and out, but he said not. Also said that I wasn’t accusing him of doing it, but we were at a loss as to explain it any other way.

He had a look at the marks and he said he didn’t think he was touching the car and ‘sincerely apologised’ if he had done it. Hopefully he will be more careful in future. If not we have come up with an idea of getting some planters and putting them along the outside of our space so he will just hit those instead.

Sandwich

How long until the big day now?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No idea still! All was going well at the scan last Wednesday so they said they would just monitor.

Saying that, just had a call from my wife and she thinks her waters MAY have broken so we are nipping in this PM (on advice from the midwife) just to check. :-O

owenfackrell
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    No idea still! All was going well at the scan last Wednesday so they said they would just monitor.

Saying that, just had a call from my wife and she thinks her waters MAY have broken so we are nipping in this PM (on advice from the midwife) just to check. :-O

When my wifes waters broke there was no mistaking it! Hope it all goes well when it does happen.

As for the P&C parking i wish that they would move them further away as its not a problem to walk you just need room to beable to fitt your upper boady in the door and lift the kids out.

doc_blues
    Free Member

you will definatley know about it when the waters do break – having watched them use the knitting needle to do my SO’s – twas quite messy

good luck!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Aye we assumed we would know, but after my wife called the hospital, they said that because it is twins to go in and have a check-up to be sure.

Harry_the_Spider

If they’ve gone you are in for one hell of a day. Good luck.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So there you go – she was 4cm dilated when we got there so they broke baby one’s waters at 7pm (they think possibly baby two’s had gone and baby one was ‘plugging’. By 10.44 Evie Grace was born. 7 minutes later out popped Isabelle Cara.

🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Wa Hay!

andywhit
    Free Member

Cool!

verses

I hope no-one in the hospital car park bumped you car doors!

Congrats 🙂

PS: You might not want to make it sound as though it was that easy when in earshot of your other-half 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

Brilliant news! congratulations to you all. 😀

doc_blues
    Free Member

big congratulations to you all!

ourmaninthenorth

Nice one. Congratulations to both you and Mrs M_F. So pleased all the original heartache has been replaced by two bundles of joy..!

Now stop posting on STW, and get changing those nappies..!

😀

midlifecrashes

Fantastic news, congratulations to you all.

CountZero

Great news, congratulations and best wishes to all four of you. Lovely names for the bairns, too.

Coyote
    Free Member

Brilliant! Congratulations to all of you. Now go enjoy because the first few weeks are magical. After that it just gets better.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

See this post for pics 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lovely names for the bairns, too.

Thank you so much – we stressed so much about the names – nice to know at least one person likes them 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

Traffic cones.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Congratulations!

This should take your mind off a few scratches in your car for the next few years!

BB

Sandwich

He’s not going to be posting again for about 4 years 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Congratulations, best thing you’ll ever do.

But…

You will now look and feel like shit for about 6 years.
    Your clothes will look like a tramps.
    Your bikes will become antiques due to lack of cash/time.
    You will expand horizontally through lack of exercise and eating crap at ridiculous o’clock.
    Your single/childless friends will mysteriously disappear.
    You will smell of sick and nappy sacks.
    The car will cease to be an issue after they have projectile vomited a good milky feed over it a few times,keep it for 6 years and then scrap it.

Other than that having kids is brilliant, well done to both of you. Mine are 12 and 11 and it just gets better. Sounds like trite advice but time does fly by so enjoy them as much as possible they will reward effort ten times over.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Thanks for all the great responses – funny how a post about a dent in a car door has become the first post telling the interweb about our little bundles of noise. 🙂

smurf
    Free Member

As per the photo thread, congratulations. Back to the car door – give dent devils, dent masters or the local old boy equivalent (often better and cheaper than teh franchise guys) a call and get them to have a look.

They can work absolute wonders if a crazy array of tools. Chances are £75 – 100 later you would have a new looking door, with all dents pushed out, scratches polished out etc.

Probably need to sort out the root cause first though 🙂

smurf

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour keeps dinging our car door…’ is closed to new replies.