Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 311 total)
  • Neighbor again..ffs
  • tymbian
    Free Member

She’s already had the council make me move my shed as it was too close to her fence. Shes old, Lost her husband last year. They were the type who as soon as you put washing out would light a bonfire. Refuses to take post for us etc..
    Anyway I come home this afternoon and shes in the front garden with her daughter and starts having a go at me saying stop driving over the corner of the grass. I’ll explain.
    If a car is parked opposite my driveway I have to drive my van out of the driveway but before im on the road with the rear wheels I have to turn a sharp right which puts my rear wheels over the corner of a grass verge which is in front of her house between the front of her wall and the pavement. Shes told me not to drive over it anymore as she’s going to re-seed it. I’ve told her not to bother as there’s no way I can get into my drive without driving over it. Shes going to call the council again and complain. Where do I stand?

Jamie
    Free Member

Where do I stand?

Not on her grass, that’s for sure.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Ignore her. Spray weed killer all over the grass at night? How can the council make you move a shed…Are you a council tenant?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Where do I stand?

On her throat?

dovebiker

Probably not her verge?

scotroutes

You’ve no right to drive on her grass (if it’s actually hers). If she complains to the council then they might also suggest you don’t park your van where you do – or they might not give a shit.

wiggles
    Free Member

Just tarmac it

m0rk
    Free Member

I’d just carry on ignoring her.

The council won’t do anything…. I’m surprised they can make you move a shed too

scotroutes

They can if it breaks planning regulations

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Where do I stand?

Depends, is it her grass, or the councils?

If it’s her’s you have no leg to stand on, you’ll just have to get a smaller car that you can get on/off your drive without driving over hers.

The councils, I can’t imagine they’d care.

How can the council make you move a shed

Lack of planning permission?

Merak

Get her onside. Life is too short, chocs, or flowers cup of tea whatever. Really, it’s not worth it.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Jeez..When I get old I hope I have something better to do than moan at my neighbours.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Not weed killer but use lawn weed n feed to spell a descriptive rude word on her verge.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

So…She’s single?

Jamie
    Free Member

Get her onside. Life is too short, chocs, or flowers cup of tea whatever. Really, it’s not worth it.

Reading the OP, it seems that’s just not an option.

Some old biddys just want to see the world burn.

brakes
    Free Member

powerslide your van off the drive.

nixie

Turn left instead if right? Then you’d be over the grass infront if your house so she can fro.

nealglover
    Free Member

^^ exactly what I was going to say.

Seems an obvious and simple solution to me.

(Unless it’s a one way street)

Houns

Park van on the road

Right outside the front of her house

tymbian
    Free Member

Yes council tenant and the shed was too close to her fence ie. Under a meter. Chocolate no chance that wouldnt work. I’ve tried to be nice many times. I’ve had enough. When she came at me today I asked her who the hell does she think she is speaking to me like that. Took her off guard that did as she was expecting to be all nice as usual. Anyway it’s not her grass. Turning left isnt an option as it’s too narrow that way.

scotroutes

You do realise that you don’t actually have a right to drive on the verge though, aye?

Baby robins, child’s faces etc.

project
    Free Member

Sometimes older people get upset at the smallest of things, just think of it as them haveing lots of age and experience to get quite good at being miserable obnoxious buggers.

From experience working in customers homes theres always a few who always moan about trivial stuff their neighbours are doing have done etc.

Next youll find a huge rock on her corner of the grass to stop you, or white plastic bollard things.

oink1
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    Park van on the road

Right outside the front of her house

This 😈

amedias
    Free Member

If a car is parked opposite my driveway I have to drive my van out of the driveway but before im on the road with the rear wheels I have to turn a sharp right which puts my rear wheels over the corner of a grass verge which is in front of her house between the front of her wall and the pavement

I know it isn’t, but humour me for a moment… what if it was a wall, and that was a corner of brick instead of grass? Would you then magically find a way to avoid hitting it or would you actually genuinely not be able to get off your drive? or would it just be more difficult rather than impossible?

It sounds like you’re blaming the car parked opposite your drive, now I get that you have no control over that and that it’s not your fault, but someone else doing something inconsiderate/bad doesn’t then give you the right to do something else inconsiderate/bad does it?

Maybe, just maybe you can use this…if you can get her to realise that you only do this when forced to (have a moan with her!), maybe you can get her onside and to redirect her rage at the people causing you difficulty, you can then have a shared enemy to moan about instead of her moaning at you 😉

sbob
    Free Member

Park 50yds up the road, and get double yellows painted opposite your house. Job jobbed.
    Also, stop shouting at recently widowed pensioners when you admittedly keep doing wrong. STW loves to feast on that shit. 🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I know it isn’t, but humour me for a moment… what if it was a wall, and that was a corner of brick instead of grass? Would you then magically find a way to avoid hitting it or would you actually genuinely not be able to get off your drive? or would it just be more difficult rather than impossible?

THIS.

Flaperon

Anyway it’s not her grass

It’s not your grass either.

Esme
    Free Member

Presumably your van is a commercial vehicle? If so, what does your lease say about parking commercial vehicles on the property?

It might be in your own interest to avoid upsetting her further.

takisawa2

Moaning at you might be a means to feel inportant, to feel she has a place still. Perhaps she finds approaching folk difficult without an excuse. She’s lost her life partner, & I guess that takes a lot of getting used to. I’m in the “life’s too short” camp. I would put on an air of humble subservience & let her have her moan. Tell her you’ll do your best not to drive on the verge.
    A log of old folk read the Mail /Express, & bin lining garbage like that whips older folk into a frenzy of hate. My Mums the same.

tjagain

Driving over the grass is wrong pure and simple. You are in the wrong here and even tho its not her grass she is in the right. Sorry old chap but just because your van does not fit properly on your drive it does not give you the right to drive over the grass.

If I was your neighbour I would be having words as well and reporting you as what you are doing is antisocial

tymbian
    Free Member

amedias…if it were a wall I would not be able to get off my drive.

As for the recently widowed thing its very sad and I’d wish it upon no-one. One day, when her husband was still alive, she was in the front garden and in passing said hello and asked how they both are..neighborly pleasantries and she tells me her OH is in the ICU. When I express my sadness for such a thing and ask whats wrong she proceeds to tell me how my shed being too close to her fence has effected her husbands health…I cant win so don’t try any more. And as for those saying lifes too short mine is too and I dont need negative in my life either. She could have a lot worse neighbors than us.
    I’m self employed and it’s my van, has my tools in etc. And hhe closer it is to my house the safer i feel. It’s how I feed my family and don’t need any scumbag crackheads breaking into it because its on the road 100yds from where I Live.

devash
    Free Member

Council estate thug life. Word.

amedias
    Free Member

amedias…if it were a wall I would not be able to get off my drive.

then that would suck.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Also ignore the little Hitlers telling you you’re technically in the wrong. They’re not capable of seeing reasonable and logical sense at times!

Also, having had a big life trauma doesn’t protect her from being treated like the hateful annoyance that she apparently is. If she was 42 and working would people still be suggesting you calmly obey her?

Just keep doing what you’re doing and of she ever tried something stupid like getting a boulder put on the corner, make sure it gets rolled right onto her front step.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Also, is the shed greater than 2.5m high or 15m2 floor area? If not then i don’t think planning permission rules apply even up against a boundary

tjagain

Glasgowdan – why is it sensible and reasonable and logical to drive a van every day over public grassland?

tymbian
    Free Member

shed is now taller than it was at 2.45m and bigger @ 14.5m2 and is now over 1m away from her boundry. Before it was about 150mm from her fence.

joat

It’s not necessarily illegal to drive over grass, it can be classed as part of the carriageway. The cars parked opposite are the ones acting illegally if they’re causing an obstruction.

nealglover
    Free Member

The cars parked opposite are the ones acting illegally if they’re causing an obstruction.

I very much doubt they are.
    He’s not blocked in, so they aren’t causing an obstruction.

tjagain

It may not be illegal to drive over the grass but probably is – but thats irrelevant – its antisocial.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘Neighbor again..ffs’ is closed to new replies.