Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Negative advertising
  • aracer
    Free Member

as in adverts or promotion which actually put you off a product. Prompted by comments on WCA’s thread, and looking at that Charge ad over there – distinctly put off by the fakenger and his skiddie. What else is supposed to promote something but does the opposite?

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Gordon Brown

jimmy

Oh Felix

Gary_M
    Free Member

DFS

chakaping
    Free Member

Gilette.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Asda – adverts just make me want to thump a chav for some reason

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Any flashing or animated ads on webpages. I hate them and will not click thru on them

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I call them anti-verts.

So many things i will never buy, including some i actually used to love.

Doritos
    Pringles
    Purgeots
    Charmin
    Any fast food pretty much

RudeBoy
    Free Member

‘I want to poo in Paul’s house’.

Actually, I can’t remember what the ad was for, it’s so **** annoying.

‘I want to shit in Sharon’s house’ would be preferable. Maybe they could do an after the Watershed version?

‘I want to shit in Sharon’s house.’
    ‘Why?’
    ‘Because our bog is knackered, and full of logs. And there’s a tapeworm swimming around in it.’

aracer
    Free Member

Good call, TJ 😀

davidrussell
    Free Member

that fat **** winner and his car insurance commercials.

calm down dear? I will once he’s met the business end of an RPG

RudeBoy
    Free Member
    samuri
    Free Member

if you can’t remember what the advert is for then they’ve shot themselves in the foot and deserve to go under. I can barely remember what those ridiculous cadburies adverts are for because there’s no chocolate bar in them. In fact, any advert where the advert is the talking point and not the product is a failure and should be dropped immediately. The day marketing becomes more important than real life things is the day we have failed as a species and should all shoot ourselves.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

calm down dear? I will once he’s met the business end of an RPG

LOL!

I like that one!

A more worthy candidate for a baseball-batting, I can’t imagine*…

*RudeBoy’s views are not necessarily those of a sound mind.

tails
    Free Member

‘I want to poo in Paul’s house’.

ahahaha that poor child is going to getso much abuse from his mates when he’s older. terible ad worthy of changing channel.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Oh and that insurance ad with iggy pop.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Those adverts where glamorous women sit around sipping chardonnay discussing their bowel movements and incontinence pads.

Aaargh!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

davidrussel; line your sights up:

What a ****.

willard

Morrisons. I hate the place and the ads make it seems like they have fresh, nice stuff (they don’t) and their staff are all freindly and helpful (they are not). In the past I have seen rotting tomatoes in their “fresh” veg stand and they just don’t care about it.

Morrisons (or “Scums” as I call it) is shit.

There, I feel better for that.

Stoner
    Free Member

Tampax.

All that roller skating. Just cant bring myself to buy Tampax.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

might it be quicker to list the adverts that work ??

I can’t think of any yet…

molgrips
    Free Member

In fact, any advert where the advert is the talking point and not the product is a failure and should be dropped immediately

Failure by what measure? They don’t just make this stuff up you know. If it didn’t work (ie increase product sales) they wouldn’t do it.

chakaping
    Free Member

That Man Coke stuff?

Coke Zero was it called?

Offensive in much the same way as Gilette adverts, presuming some shallow and one-dimensional measure of masculinity that seems to be derived from lads’ mags.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lemsip TurboBastardStrength….because you really can’t afford to ACTUALLY be ill! the entire fabric of society would collapse if you had to take a day off ill.

No, far better to dose up on some plastic placebo and take all your germs in to the office and make sure everyone else gets ’em.

👿

willard

Captain, do you have a cold by any chance? Maybe one that you caught from a co-worker?

Ads that have made me want to buy stuff? Errrrrr. Hang on. Ummmmm.

Maybe that scene from “Ice Cold in Alex” with the beer. I always feel like a beer at that point.

samuri
    Free Member

oh, and any advert that includes a man and a women where they are competing at some level. The woman always wins, and the man is invariably made out to look like a stupid ****. That doesn’t bother me in the slightest and I’m sure it doesn’t bother most men either but the advertising satan’s know this and capitalise on it, which is annoying enough to put me off the prduct (if I can remember it)

bigsi
    Free Member

Iceland, nuff said 🙄

Gary_M
    Free Member

ads that have been over dubbed, Kinder surprise for example and some stupid drink that’s supposed to help your guts.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Halifax. Even now the’ve got rid of the singing workers they still get on my tits.

Richie_B

Lemsip TurboBastardStrength….because you really can’t afford to ACTUALLY be ill! the entire fabric of society would collapse if you had to take a day off ill.

Agree about the product but if its the advert I’m thinking of it defines ‘woman flu’ – about as serious as man flu but with more Rita Hayworth/martyred histrionics with the added symptom that the sufferer suddenly believes that the husband/SO, kids, parents lives will suddenly dissolve into chaos (Ok a bit more TV will be watched but the outstanding repairs & fettling to the bikes & kids toys gets done (And no the oil stain on the kitchen floor wasn’t me it was the toddler….(And at least now he knows how to use a hammer drill))).

Swello
    Free Member

Any advert showing a faux-jeep-4×4-chelsea-tractor being driven round the desert in Nevada, or through a 6 foot deep tropical river, usually by some chiselled cowboy type. Everyone knows that they end up being driven round Sidcup by middle-management ****.

steve-g
    Free Member

Those ones for nationwide, they show a rubbish bank with the fat smarmy bloke working there, and then at the end they say why nationwide is better….when i see that advert i remember it as this rubbish bank is nationwide

jojoA1
    Free Member

The sleazy ad with the puppets picking up the girl on the bike. It makes me cringe.

I also hate the “women get one over on the men” type adverts. Jeeze will we never learn that if we endlessly disparage what men do, we’ll just end up having to do it all ourselves and that’s just crap.

The faux ‘real conversation’ ads for yoghurts to stop bloating and “speed up digestive transit”? Lets get real, they just give you the sh*ts!

grievoustim
    Free Member

I hate the new wave of ads for the banks (they all seem to have one on at the moment) which aim to show how “caring” , “helpful” and “cuddly” the banks are

look they’re showing him how to budget

ahhh look – he’s joking with a pregnant lady

ahhh aren’t they niiiice!

chakaping
    Free Member

i remember it as this rubbish bank is nationwide

Me too!

I hate the new wave of ads for the banks (they all seem to have one on at the moment) which aim to show how “caring” , “helpful” and “cuddly” the banks are

That advert made me really cross, it’s like they’re proud of the fact that they make you sit and talk about your finances in a big open room in front of all the other customers.

On the subject of bank adverts, what the heck is that Lloyds one that’s a bit like The Snowman about? It’s so vague and woolly that it took me ages to even recognise it was for banking – let alone Lloyds.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

what the heck is that Lloyds one that’s a bit like The Snowman about?

It’s for the journey, of course.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Come on people; you’re not trying hard enough. This is a perfect opportunity to really let loose with some hate, to really spit some venom and bile! Proper get the blood pressure up, to boiling point!

I coon’t belive the conservatory ads, with John Stalker, and his dog Drummer. These would appear alongside ads for Stannah stairlifts, and incontinence pads, between such delights as ‘A Place in the Country/Sun’, and ‘What cash is to be found in your elderly relatives homes?’

But these pale by comparison with the horrors that are Confused.com ads. And the Elephant insurance ones. Truly, truly horrible. So cheaply made, that you can have no confidence in the services offered. Unless you have been lobotomised. Or are on large doses of Valium.

And I will never bank with Failifax, purely for them unleashing this **** on us:

Ready, aim….

Swello
    Free Member

look they’re showing him how to budget

Yes – the irony of RBS/Natwest telling people how to be careful with their money is slightly breathtaking 🙂

gavinski
    Free Member

Can you ‘grow out’ of advertising?

The levis ads (15 years worth whilst i was growing up) were pretty effective – cool music and the implication that you were somehow beyond the rules if you wore levis. It’s laughable now, but i really really wanted some levis when i first saw them.

air freshener ads really piss me off at the moment – seem to say ‘you used to buy our products, use them once and then store them in a cupboard until your house actually smelt bad, we’re not happy with that so now we’ll make one that will use itself up, getting you addicted to it’s plastic smell in the process so you’ll have to buy more next week’

I’ve been to a few houses recently that made me feel ill with the overpowering ‘scent of summer meadows’. at may last work i was called to a first aid incident where someone had passed out in the loo – turned out the air freshener had squirted while he was just underneath and it had knocked him out!

Rich
    Free Member

I hate the stupid, shouty Safestyle windows adverts!

Have you noticed how most adverts talk to the viewer as if they are either children or idiots?!

What about the one where the man has a really stupid haircut and is acting like he has Down Syndrome or something, think it was Confused.com or something similar.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Negative advertising’ is closed to new replies.