Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • needing a new shock pump – Topeak or what ?
  • iainc

my old Topeak DXG has given up the ghost after around 7 yrs reliable service and living in my Camelbak.

Before I order another the same, anything better out there at under £35 or so ?

Cheers

cloudnine
    Free Member

The phaart ones from on one are cheap and cheerful

nedrapier

I’d ask on here for a rockshox one. There must be a few serial fork swappers who’ve got spares.

You might get one for postage or a couple of beer tokens.

alanf
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat, new forks but no shock pump.
    If anyone has a RS pump up for grabs please let me know (if iainc doesn’t want first dibs)

Northwind

RS one or Beto (cheap and good)

iainc

thanks – just ordered one of those Beto ones, look good value

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Halfords own-brand one for the last few years.

Needed one that day and they were the nearest shop. It hasn’t imploded/exploded yet!

iainc

cheers, ordered this one from Merlin – good reviews as above and half the price of a Topeak replacement 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Fox basic one.

iainc

Loco – Yeah, I had one of them but lost it – they seem of at £23 or so though ? If the Beto one last half as long as the old Topeak it will be fine !

jairaj

The Bikehut shock pump looks exactly the same as my Rockshox one. Its highly likely they are the same pump but branded differently.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I use the Topeak one. It has been chucked around, the shaft is slightly bent and has even been through the washing machine. Still works perfectly.

I have a spare RockShox one you can have for a tenner posted?

iainc

I have a spare RockShox one you can have for a tenner posted?

very kind offer, thanks, but ordered the Beto one earlier on basis of recommendations and it’s winging it’s way to me from Merlin 🙂

granny_ring

I’ve got the Beto one too, like the 2 stage valve thingy.

pembo6
    Free Member

+1 Beto. Mine works great. Great quality.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection……
    Any Beto owners care to tell me how long the pump is? Quite liked the idea of the short Topeak one as could easy stick in a jersey pocket when I don’t have a bag with me. Can’t find dimensions for the Beto.

Northwind

It’s not super tiny small but it’s shorter than the rockshox. The gauge is quite sticky-outy though. I think I could put it in a jersey pocket but it’d not be ideal

If I remember, I’ll measure it tonight for you

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘needing a new shock pump – Topeak or what ?’ is closed to new replies.