Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Needed asap:Bike shop that has Thomson spares
  • Drapoon
    Free Member

Hi there

In desperate need of a bike shop that carries Thomson spares as I am just stripping down a bike I’ve sold to post it off and I have discovered a hairline crack in the faceplate of the stem…. it’s a 25.4 dia silver Thomson.
    I’ve tried CRC, Wiggle, merlin, rutland, leisurelakes with no joy

Anyone know of anywhere I might be in luck?

somafunk

Give their importers a call

Please email info@i-ride.co.uk for all enquires or alternatively call 01444 243000

i-ride.co.uk is the trading name of
    Jim Walker and Co Ltd.
    Registered in England number 03004608
    Registered Address:
    7-8B Mid Sussex Bus. Park
    Ditchling Common Ind. Est.
    Folders Lane East
    Ditchling
    Sussex
    BN6 8SE

scruff
    Free Member

Try Sideways Cycles.

Drapoon
    Free Member

cheers chaps, excellent

That GT is still here u wants it Somafunk…. 🙂

somafunk

I’ll mention it again to my mate, he really does need a cheap bike to get out n’ about wi his kid but they’re moving house soon so ££ may be an issue but for that price and condition he’d be daft not to – let me work on him 😀

Drapoon
    Free Member

ok fella no worries 😉

I can’t believe it hasnt shifted!

I’m selling all the bits I have lying about to fund a money pit mk1 golf gti 😳

somafunk

Ha!, just over a year ago i sunk well over £4k into my early Mk2 golf, including removing the 8v and fitting a ABT tuned 16v, 192bhp – wheeee!, extensive welding and everything from the shell down is new VW items or uprated motorsport items, i questioned my sanity many times over the 12month build and so did everyone else but it was worth it to fire it up 12 months later. It makes me smile when i drive it 🙂

Best o’ luck wi it, old golfs never die.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Lovely golf Soma

stevied
    Free Member

old golfs never die

My Mk1 did 🙁 but not before having a couple of years of supercharged fun with a G60 in it 😯

MartynS

How did you get on with the faceplate??

I ask because I need one to, but whilst I was searching around I did see one on amazon in silver, but as I need a black one so I didn’t look at details.

If anyone knows of a good source I’d be grateful or is it worth a punt with the importer? CRC won’t have them in until the 15th….

andylakes

MartynS
    YGM

Drapoon
    Free Member

Nice mk2 Soma 😉

Mines an 83 mars red Gti

Just rebuilt the engine with a mk3 2.0 Agg bottom end & tsr ported polished big valve head. 16v WUR and audi throttle body – should rip!

I’ll get some pics….

Ordered faceplate should have arrived today 😉

Drapoon
    Free Member

stevied
    Free Member

Here’s my old one (and the replacement VR6)

somafunk

You’ve gotta love a fast Golf, 😀 , i see you’re going for max grunt with the 8v, that’ll surprise many a modern hot hatch , there’s now’t more satisfying (and childish 😉 ) in pulling away from a modern lardy MK6 GTI or leaving then floundering in corners. Are you fitting a limited slip diff, i’ve got a Quaife in mine and it really makes a difference pulling out of corners – tightens up the entire dynamics of the car.

I had a TSR Thruxton 2.1 16v on throttle bodies in my old Scirocco below but that got written off through no fault of my own, so i fitted it in my bros Corrado and he wrote that off at his first ever track day, a bit of a jinxed engine so i sold it.

Old Scirocco

Bro’s Corrado

Very nice work on the golf – strip them back and build them up…the only way, was there much chassis rust? – my golf needed new floors, inner arches/outer arches/ chassis points and various other places welded , keep us updated on here as to the progress.

Perhaps we could start a STW VW appreciation society 😀

Drapoon
    Free Member

Mate that corrado needs a bit of tlc!
    Chassis rust i hear u say, ill dig out a nice photo for you…mine was missing its rear chassis legs after mediablast but strangley the fronts were mint. give me a day or so and i will upload my photos. everything has been rebuilt / uprated. costing a small fortune but will be well worth it 🙂
    Got a mk5 gti which is nice but…a bit boring compared to the little red rocket 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Needed asap:Bike shop that has Thomson spares’ is closed to new replies.