Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Need to renew my tubeless setup – which system?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

My 5-6 year old BMX inner-tube ghetto system finally failed yesterday when my inflator pulled the valve out 🙁
    So I need to redo both wheels (Mavix 717 & 719) – should I go with Joe’s No Flats or Gorilla tape ghetto? If the latter, which tubeless valves?

survivor

I’m using the superstar valves with electrical packing tape bought in eBay. It apparently it’s the same tape stans use but you get a massive roll for ten pounds. It does appear to be exactly the same and works really well. Do some googling and you’ll soon find it. Gorilla tape works well but I found the stans copy tape is smoother and makes tyre fitting easier ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had the 719’s running fine with Stans tape and Stans sealant. Using the stans valves too. Been solid.

chakaping
    Free Member

Superstar tape seems alright too, used it on three or four wheelsets and only had trouble with one wheel so far, possibly due to poor workmanship.

akira

Ghetto 24″ tubes for me. Quite like the all in one nature and eliminates leaking around the valve which I sometimes get.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’ve got a minion non lust on a Mavic 321 that has been tubeless for over 3 years using electrical tape (cheapest £1 for 10 rolls type stuff) and a dose of eBay liquid latex, using a Mavic valve.

Apart from the tyre now being shagged out, it has been absolutely perfect.

Worth a go without spending lots.

I’ve some mates who just cut the valve out of an old tube and use that without problems too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Need to renew my tubeless setup – which system?’ is closed to new replies.