Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • need to get out pedalling soon-anyone in deeeeeerby?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Moved to Derby about 6 weeks ago (bloody hell it doesnt seem that long) to start a new uni course. Had a few scoots on new cross bike but havent used my mtb in ages and dying to get riding. Admittedly Ive been laid low by flu for about a week and first set of exams are a week on Monday but beyond that im very keen to get out for a pedal if anyone lives nearby? Havent got a car im afraid 🙁 and no ss 29er haters (thats all ive got)

either that or more recommendations for trails-i know the peaks are v close but i dont know where anything is

Jump on the train to Matlock. Takes half an hour and there's a stack of great trails from there or Darley Dale.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Live in Hucknall and we keep finding nice rides by just linking up various bridleways, often starting from the house.
    Just get OS map and start exploring the bridleways outside your door.

markenduro
    Free Member

Ticknall area is good, there's a ride out from the John Thomson pub at ingleby every monday night if you wnat to see the local trails.
    I'm in Burton and ride over that way a couple of times a week, normally Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturday afternoons.

fontmoss
    Free Member

cheers mark i might be in touch soon mate

theboatman
    Free Member

I live out near belper, if you want a pop around ambergate woods let me know, and I frequently head out to the peak if you fancy that. I do plenty of road work and mtb, but no cx, it seems to combine the elements of the things I love to create something not quite as good as either 😉 mails in my profile if you fancy a run out. I am alot older than you so you may have to get out of bed earlier than you would like!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Can second the Darley Dale recommendation but can't offer any guiding as 1. I normally follow and 2. I am currently broken.
    Maybe in the new year but until then are those speakers still working? The Jones Big Earl Wet they got me is excellent 🙂

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

There is a university in Derby???

fontmoss
    Free Member

cheers boatman once i get my lungs working again ill drop you a line but how do you know you're a lot older than me??

tracker, the speakers are great glad you got some rubber from them

fauxbyfour, now thats very rude! as it happens im part of Nottingham uni and based at the city/royal/whateveritscallednow hospital but there is indeed a derby uni too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘need to get out pedalling soon-anyone in deeeeeerby?’ is closed to new replies.