Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Need to arrange collection of bike bought on Ebay – Advice on Couriers ?
  • simonr2011
    Free Member

Just got a bike but it’s in Scotland and I am in Bristol so a bit far to collect. The seller will removed the bars and carefully ( hopefully )box the bike.

Does anybody know of a good and cheap courier service I am not in a rush to get it delivered.

Cheers

ART

Been using parcel2go, so far so good.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

They are all much the same, its more about making the bike is packed correctly and insured if worth anything. Surely the seller is arranging the courier?

awh
    Free Member

I used parcel2go who are basically a market place for the courier companies to try and send a frame. Firstly I booked Yodel, who didn’t turn up to pick my parcel up twice. They then arranged for City Link to collect instead, who again didn’t turn up. I then gave up and took my parcel to the Post Office, it was a few pounds more but at least knew it was in the system and on its way!

speaker2animals

Also try MyHermes, I used a couple times and no problems. As said really it is a matter of persuading the seller to package well and ensure that insurance cover is to the value you paid. I’d also ask the seller to send you detailed photos of bike prior to packing in case of claim.

Best of luck. I assume the sale was collect only and you’re trying to get the seller to ship?

simonr2011
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advise. Yes the auction stated collection only I think thats why I got it at a good price 😉 I mailed him prior the the auction ending asking if he can package it for collection and he replied saying will put between cardboard and wrap so not sure what that means.

Hopefully will get the 90’s Kona Lavadome to me in intact then see how accurate the description was.

Cheers

jamiep
    Free Member

http://www.p4d.co.uk
    I think it is £9/10 for a full size box up to 30kg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need to arrange collection of bike bought on Ebay – Advice on Couriers ?’ is closed to new replies.