Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Need the spoke length to fit a CK hub24mm to a xm819 rim any ideas/sites
  • postierich
    Free Member

as above

Ta

mboy
    Free Member

spocalc comes out with the following…

257.4 for the disc side
    258.2 for the non disc side

So 257's and 258's

In the absence of 257's though, 256's will suffice just fine…

Incidentally I've got loads of 258mm Black DT comps going spare, but sadly no 256's left.

postierich
    Free Member

cheers mb take it you were using the ck 20mm hub is it the same as a 24mm. only after silver spokes

ta for info

mboy
    Free Member

CK 20mm hub is indeed the very same hub, just with a different axle. So you can, should you want to, use the same front wheel on a bike with a Maverick fork as one with a fork with a 20mm axle such as a Pike, Fox 36 etc…

Silver spokes I have none… Just a load of Black 258's and 260's I bought a while back as they were cheap!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Maverick, did you calculate this out for him with all these taken into consideration?

Number of cross

nipple length

I think you calculated for 12mm.the 819 needs a 16mm nipple.

mboy
    Free Member

3 cross build used, as per any disc wheel should be really.

Mavic recommend a 16mm nipple, in practice I've found you can get away with a 14mm nipple fine on an 819 (I've built dozens of them now).

I thought the ERD quoted on spocalc for the 819 took into account the need for longer nipples, though I'm less sure now you mention it. That said I've always just used the spoke lengths it has said (though always erring on the shorter side to be safe) and I've never had any problems…

Spocalc.xls for those wanting to work out their own spoke lengths…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Need the spoke length to fit a CK hub24mm to a xm819 rim any ideas/sites’ is closed to new replies.