Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Need some help/tell me what to do. Old pike content.
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

I have a set of old pike 454 dual air u turn140 -110 alloy steerer…. I need a set of 100mm 20mm bolt through forks.

Loco can help me do this, but its going to cost £70 for the bits to do this plus whatever it costs me to have the bits installed.

before I bite the bullet and order the bits from loco does anyone want to swap my pike for your fork?

scottalej
    Free Member

I’d just wind them down to 110mm. 10mm difference isn’t going to matter.

passtherizla
    Free Member

thats what I’m doing currently, You’re probably right.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wysiwyg
    Free Member

what you want is a set of revelation QR airs.

Swap lowers

passtherizla
    Free Member

I think thats what I’d end up with effectively if I let loco do the conversion he was on about.

passtherizla
    Free Member

so I have found some 2010 revs with 20mm axle, but they are set to 140mm, can i drop this to 100mm???

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Yes. Cut a 40mm piece of 12mm waste pipe and put it in between the rebound piston and the seal head in the bottom of the stanchion.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Have you done something similar troutwrestler? Do you know this works?

Junkyard
    Free Member

tbh for 10 mm I would not be getting new forks
    Pikes are awesome still though heavy- still using mine on the big bike

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Yes. I have “custom spaced”* the travel on a number of forks. I have a pair of shortened Pike 454s running a Revelation Dual Position Air spring in the wrong leg – all to do with casting thickness at the base of the lower – These are spaced down to run at 100mm/130mm instead of 120mm/150mm.

I think that with care you could shorten yout U-turns to 100-130mm travel, but you really want to make sure that you don’t scratch the inside of the air tube.

And in a correction to my above post, the spacer should be on the spring side, not the rebound assembly.

TBH, if you’re not confident/ prepared to open the forks up and have a go, I’d stick at 110mm as has been suggested above.

*bodged

I_Ache
    Free Member

What are you up to tomorrow afternoon dude? Do you want to see how my BFe feels with the coil pikes at 95/100mm?

passtherizla
    Free Member

probably going that little pump track in shepshed or kinver… not too sure yet. But that sounds like it could be a go-er, although I want to try them on the bike I’m going to be riding it on really and thats a major faff.

how much can i space down A RS revelation from 2010? they have 20mm lowers.

I_Ache
    Free Member

It would be a bit of a faf but apart from the stem length it will handle the same. We are probably heading over to the trails at sandwell on Tuesday night if you fancy joining us. There are some brilliant berms and a couple of jumps that should be great on the BFe.

passtherizla
    Free Member

yeah I’ve been up the sandwell loops a few times… its ok I thought the pump track was bobbins though.

still have no lights and may well be going redditch bmx track.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Need some help/tell me what to do. Old pike content.’ is closed to new replies.