Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Need some help with trails around Perpignan
  • mikeryan
    Free Member

I am off to the south of France for a week and I am not going to miss out on some great biking. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go. I am not after full down hill routes but some all mountain and single track would be good.

I have looked at some websites and it does not distinguish the family runs from the black runs.

Any guidance would be great.

Thanks Mike

Bregante

I haven’t a clue exactly where the trails were I’m afraid but I had a fantastic week at Altitude Adventure which is just over an hour from Perpignan in St Pierre del Forcats.

You could probably do a lot worse than ringing Ian and asking about doing a days riding with them?

vondally
    Free Member

if you can take the train to prades or vinca up the valley, look at VTT prades loads of great routes, I think a website vtt- biking 66 had lots of routes as well

ajantom

As above – my mum lives in Prade, and the area around there is riddled with trails. Not a huge amount of singletrack, but some epic ascents and descents in a wide open, rocky trail style. If you’re feeling up to it ride from Prades or Vinca up to the Chalet des Cortalets (2150m up near the top of Canigou) via the jeep trails from Taurinya, have a beer and sarnie at the top and then head down the steeper trails towards Fillols and Villefranche. Prades is at about 350m, so you do about 1800m up in about 20km, and then the same down the other side in about half that 😉

cchris2lou

Look on Velovert.com, region sub section, there should be some info there.

andyfla
    Free Member

Second for Altitude Adventure , Ian and Angie are superb hosts and even better bikers. give them a ring, you wont regret it, but your body might !

mikeryan
    Free Member

Thanks for the help. I will look into the links you have given me. Altitude look good but as i am not staying with them i dont know of they will let me tag along. Will give them an email anyway.

Thanks Mike

mikeryan
    Free Member

Ian from Altitude has given me some pointers on trails near to where I am staying. I have looked them up and they look good from the youtube footage I have seen. My issue now is I cant find any decent maps of the trails. There are maps on the web but the sites are all in French and I am barely lingual let alone bilingual. Does anyone have anything for VTT Valmy, VTT Alberes or VTT Bunyuls?

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Need some help with trails around Perpignan’ is closed to new replies.