• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • need some advice on a dodgy upvc door fitting!!
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all

Im after some advice.

in 2007 i used the rated people website to find a company to supply and fit a upvc door to the front of my house.

A company called “windoorcareuk” from birmingham contacted me and quoted £575 for a door fitted.

I must say that at the time i was living in cyprus as i was based there with the air force so all of the contact was done by either phone or email.

anyway my father in law dealt with thewm whilst they did the fitting as he lives down the road from our house.

since fitting they “windoor careuk” have had to come out twice to sort out problems with the door , sealant peeling off , door dropped etc.

Anyway two weeks ago i had a chap come ropund to quote us for double glazing on our house and he asked when the door was fitted.

When i told him just over a year ago he was quite shocked and then proceeded to point out all the problems with it which are as follows….

The frame is loose on the one side(you can actually move it by hand)
    The door is not square
    The door does not sit flush with the frame so we get lots of drafts
    one of the roller locks does not catch so isnt securing the doior properly
    all the trim is falling off.
    the cill was loose and was only held in by the skirting board on the inside.
    there is about an inch or so of sealant underneather the cill between the frame and my house..

any way i phoned the company last monday and was told they woluld phone me back tomorrow(tuesday) to sort out when they would come out.

anyway when they hadnt phoned by thursday i contacted them again , they didnt even apologise for not phoning but said they would be there between 10-11 on friday.

so my wife made sure she was in on friday as i was at work.

by 11.30 they hadnt turned up so i gave them a call.

the chap on the phone said oh were in swindon at the moment and have been held up . i said they really had no intention coming to us on friday and lost my rag a bit !!!

in the end i said unlees you phone me on friday after noon to arrange a time to sort it out i would be calling trading standards.

alas i had no phone call.

So i phoned trading standards and they got me to send them a letter basically saying they have 14 days to contact me to sort the whole mess out.

anyhow i sent them a letter basically stating the supply of goods act and they had 14 days to cantact me to sort it out but guess what i havent heard from them??

what can i do now?
    help!!!

steve

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘need some advice on a dodgy upvc door fitting!!’ is closed to new replies.