Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Need revenge on my landlord/fulfords!
  • walla24
    Free Member

When we moved into our rented house 12 months ago we made a list of all the issues and passed them to our property managers- fulfords.

Nothing was done.

Que the winter and our boiler died.
    The replaced the boiler after 3 weeks but the downstairs radiators will not get hot despite the plumber checking for an air lock, bleeding etc.
    He has recommended a new pump which has now been approved but we have been without proper heating for almost 3 months now.

(Not to mention the small issues we asked to be sorted like being unable to turn the shower on without the aid of a pet gorilla), fridge door broken so never stays shut, etc etc.

Not to mention the rudeness of the property ‘managers’ who managed to make my girlfriend cry on the phone!

It is not right that I am paying £1000 a month for a house that doesn’t work!

I am either going to poo through their letter box or….
    Can I claim some of my rent back?

thegreatape
    Free Member

on second thoughts…

Swelper
    Free Member

Document everything, request a solution (financial obviously) within a certain time frame, advise that if no comment or satisfactory resolution the this will be channelled via the legal process, for (but not limited to) “insert issues and inconvenience”

Twitter is good to, seems to get the desired response

Im fed up of companies just simply being gungho.

creamegg
    Free Member

Rather than claiming rent back, just stop paying it until work is done to an acceptable standard

gobuchul
    Free Member

http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/

Shelter

Sounds discraceful. I would would be looking for compensation.

nealglover
    Free Member

Rather than claiming rent back, just stop paying it until work is done to an acceptable standard

Worst way to react.

They will then have a perfectly documented breach of contract as a stick to beat him with.

edlong
    Free Member

This is not good advice.

creamegg
    Free Member

Worked for me in the past. They soon take notice when payments aren’t made.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yup if you stop paying rent then you will automatically be in the wrong. Plus I bet your contract says you will pay interest on any rent owing. Your agent is probably being an arse. Does your LL definitely know the issues? Most agents are just bothered about taking the money, not the actual hassle of earning it. I am a LL and I have just give my agent notice as they are chuffing useless. I

jp-t853

over ten years ago so please check but a solicitor told us to inform landlord that we would make our monthly rent payments in to a separate bank account until issues were fixed. we set up an extra ing account and sent evidence that the rent was held there. soon got sorted.

walla24
    Free Member

Yeah I have read that withholding rent is not the way to go but would like some legal ammo to put into a nicely worded letter.

The landlord knows about the issues with the house as he has to approve the work but most likely not how **** useless his agents are!
    Shame he lives abroad and we don’t have an email contact for him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Best advice? Move. It won’t get better, also make sure when viewing houses that you check doors and taps etc. Before applying.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Ahhh. I was going to ask if he lived abroad lol. Chances are he may not be bothered about the property.

walla24
    Free Member

And we have been in 12 months but no gas safety inspection since so presuming that’s out of date!

sigh

Swelper
    Free Member

A CP12 is a legal requirement for landlords. You could really go to town on this one.

poolman
    Free Member

I am a ll please don’t withhold rent or he will put a ccj on you its easy to do it online.

Get yr ll details & communicate directly, go & see the agent in person & get it fixed. I live overseas & get jobs done in UK in days. It’s no excuse.

Good luck,

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Need revenge on my landlord/fulfords!’ is closed to new replies.