Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Need new chainguide but need real world advice.
  • akira

Need a new chainguide for a 1×10 set up, ISCG05 for a 32/34t ring. Quite like the mrp mini g2 but they seem few and far between, might go for g3 but since theyre new there is not much info on their actual performance.
    Just want something with upper and lower guides and skid bit so I dont need to run a bash, unconcerned about weight but concerned about price.

brant
    Free Member

My absolute favourite ever chainguide, and one that’s been on my last five bikes is this.

It’s brilliant.

http://www.blackspire.com/DER-Guide

akira

Did look at the Der but made the mistake of reading internet reviews which said bit bendy, does come in pretty colours though…..next on my list is a carbon fat bike…….

andypandy85
    Free Member

E13 make the best guides without question, pricey but worth it.

Northwind

I’m using a G2, it’s ace tbh, does nothing I don’t like. Bottom roller could do with easier sideways adjustment I suppose.

Sure you still want a top/bottom? With a clutch mech and maybe a clever chainring, top guide alone is doing me well on the little bike- it’s dropped the chain once that I can think of, mid-crash.

akira

Clutch mech pkus fancy chainring is a hundred quid, plus chainguide on top of that. Does anyone know if you can remove bottom part of G2 as then if I got clutch mech in future I could remove bottom bit and run as if it was an mrp amg.
    It is going on reasonably chunky bike that gets occasional uplift and Alps trips so might be better to stick to full guide I guess.

Northwind

SLX mech + MRP 1X is about the same as a G2.

You can remove the lower guide and taco from the G2… Pretty sure you can remove just the guide but I’ve not done that myself.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Gamut P20 for the past two years and its pretty good. Very easy to setup and nice and light. It has dropped the chain a few times but only really when the wheels are off and its in the car or upside down and i backpedal it. I can’t remember the chain ever dropping when I have been riding/crashing it.

rocketman
    Free Member

No experience with others but have got e*thirteen LG/LS1s on two bikes. They work in the same totally unobtrusive way they just get on with guiding the chain. Have never dropped a chain and when you look at how the guide works you can see why.

Last time I looked the functionally identical LS1 was £60 on CRC if you can live with the steel backplate.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

MRP Mini G2 on my old bike. Literally didn’t drop a chain in 2 years of use. Switched to a Superstar top only guide when I changed frames and for £15 you can’t complain. Odd dropped chain but like I said, £15. Just swapped it out for another Mini G2. I didn’t bother researching anything else as I know it something that just works.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Need new chainguide but need real world advice.’ is closed to new replies.