Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Need help selling a guitar
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Reason is I know little about them, anything, value!

Basically it’s a Jackson VX10 black V shaped. It was my lads, but it’s been under our bed for six years.
    One pick up is loose and it needs strings. Basically it’s been ####ed about with by a kid.
    He assure me it’s in full order.

There’s also a genuine solid ‘Coffin’ case to go with it.

Just want rid off and some notes in my pocket…..not his.

Putting it here as it needs sorting and opinions first. Welcome to have a look or hook up with your amp. Too good to skip I guess.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup far too good to skip it, Jacksons whatever their age or condition are worth something, so please don’t skip it.

Sounds like a “Flying V” shape to me from what you describe, typical Heavy Metal guitar…

Hard to price up something like this without seeing it obvs, but if all the bits are original and just need a fettle to get it back in playing order, then I’d say open bids at £250 and see how it goes..

Tried eBay for price comparisons yet??

Edit: ok just took a peek at eBay and it seems some Jacksons are made in Japan (the only ones I remeber were made in the US, but there you go), the early guitars were made in the US and it’s the U.S. made versions that command the highest price. Check the serial number which could be on the neck plate of headstock, possibly in one of the pickup/pots recesses.. That will give you an idea, you may even find a ” made in..” Sticker too.

Still, if it’s a U.S. version it’ll be worth something, if Japanese then a little less..

HTH

oldgit
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s worth that.

Thanks
    Duncan Design pick ups (i know what a pick up is 🙂 )

It’s got a lever thing that moves the pick up area? that says Jackson

Can’t get a piccy with mobile in this light.

murf
    Free Member

A Jackson king v kv10?, I sold one a couple of years ago for £150 but I had fitted active pickups which were worth £100 alone.
    I’d aim for £150 and see what happens, it was a nice playing guitar and pretty robust.

Tom-B
    Free Member

It won’t sell for anything like £250

By the sounds of its current condition it’s worth £100 tops.

Personally I’d just stick it on ebay with an honest description and let it find it’s own value.

oldgit
    Free Member

^ my thoughts as well. The case is pretty cool too.

oldgit
    Free Member

One of these jobs

Tom-B
    Free Member

You’d probably get £30+ selling the case on it’s own. Guitar would go for a similar price with or without it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Need help selling a guitar’ is closed to new replies.