Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Need Help Pricing Wheels
  • shooterman

I recently mail ordered a pair of wheels but the shop changed the rims as a free “upgrade” to Stans Flow ZTR disc rims. (I had ordered DT Swiss EX 500’s). I’ve decided I don’t want to go tubeless and want to sell the wheels on.

So, I’ve got a pair of brand new 32 hole Stans ZTR rims on Sram X9 hubs. The wheels were bought as part of a bike build, there were some tweaks to pricing and the shop’s shut at the moment. Hence, I can’t get an idea on what I finally paid for them. Just wondering what a reasonable price to ask for these wheels would be?

legend
    Free Member

why not just stick a tube in them if you dont fancy tubeless?

nedrapier

Don’t know about costs, but you won’t have any problem running tubes in ZTR rims.

Is there any other reason why you want to swap the wheels out for something else?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d be well chuffed if I’d had a free upgrade like that. Much better rim in my opinion that would just as well with a tube as without.

househusband
    Free Member

Hells’ teeth – stick with them man! Much better wheelset in my opinion.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got a Stans Alpine which I use with a tube, real PITA to get the tyre on/off (RR to NN and back), have pinched a couple of tubes, the only punctures I’ve had with it.
    Not just me being incompetant, can do it with no problems on Alex XCR-Pros, 317s, 717s, 221s etc.
    Maybe a good idea to get rid of the tubeless rim.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The Flow is much easier to get tyres on and off than the new Alpine/Crest. I ran my Flows with tubes for a while before I got the tyres I wanted.

carbon337
    Free Member

I run flows with tubes as I am always swapping my front tyre. Minions are hard to get on but advantage and High rollers are easy to do.

Think I will go tubless on the rear soon though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Need Help Pricing Wheels’ is closed to new replies.