Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Need help diagnosing my ankle problem please!!
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi peeps Im after some help.

I have a problem with my left ankle in that it bloody hurts deep down inside the joint and more so after running!!

Ive sprained this ankle loads of times in the past but always followed the physio’s advice on getting it better.

the pain is the same if i walk on normal or uneven ground and sometimes I will get a real sharp stabbing pain deep in the joint itself??

I do a lot of stretching as I suffer quite badly with tight calf’s and Achilles. in the past I have had bi lateral anterior compartment release too so basically my lower legs are a mess!!! I can pinpoint an exact location on my ankle joint as to where the pain comes from as it feels really deep and not like a pulled muscle?

Ive also been and had my gait analysed and I needed a pair of shoes to lift my arches?? this has helped my running no end.

I should point out I have no pain whatsoever in my other ankle?

any ideas peeps

Thanks

steve

davidjones15
    Free Member

Doctor?

renton
    Free Member

its twenty past one in the morning here !!!

Going to book an appointment tomorrow but just wanted to pick at the mighty wisdom of the stw’ers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    glupton1976
    Free Member

The human foot has 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles and tendons – depending on how you count them. I’m predicting early onset arthritis.

davidjones15
    Free Member

its twenty past one in the morning here !!!

Should have put that in the OP then!! 🙄
    Are you really trusting the judgement where half think 29 inch wheels are a good idea.
    The other half ride single speeds and the third half think they need 180mm travel bikes in the UK!!!!

renton
    Free Member

yep fair one davidjones!!!

Glupton if it is early arthritis are there any supplements i can take to help it??

Pieface

When was the last time you saw your physio? The diagnosis may have changed and require a different treatment if a long time

renton
    Free Member

Pieface it was a while ago but this isnt a problem ive had before ?? I’d say its only come on in the last year and is gradually getting more painful !!

renton
    Free Member

Pieface it was a while ago but this isnt a problem ive had before ?? I’d say its only come on in the last year and is gradually getting more painful !!

glupton1976
    Free Member

I was joking. I have no idea what it could be.

renton
    Free Member

oh ok well thanks anyway ?? 🙄

tazzymtb

old age…..time for the glue factory old chap

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Physio, our local physio actually takes referrals straight from the public. I found this out when my doctor told me to go and see them as they were the experts (hurt my foot in an MTB crash).
    Self referred since which has been really helpful. So, shortest route to the physio with you…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Need help diagnosing my ankle problem please!!’ is closed to new replies.