Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Need fast rolling grippy 29er tyre – good compromise
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

Thinking of Conti X-King or Ardent Race. Will get the highest protection versions. I already have 29er Minions with the latest fancy 3C compound but they are very slow on longer smoother rides with a lot of uphill (although awesome everywhere else!)
    I was looking at the Ardent race with 3C EXO. Nextdaytyres have it as due in 17th July, the non-EXO is in stock now but was thinking the extra protection would be good.
    Any other suggestions?

GregMay
    Free Member

Saguaros. Possibly the best fast rolling grippy compromise you’ll get.

nedrapier

Thunder Burts are worth checking out. On the fast end of the fast/grippy spectrum, but grippier than they look. Cheapest from Rose.

Clobber
    Free Member

Ikon?

lovewookie

saguaro is what I’d go for. That said I’ve got Crossmarks on mine at the moment which hook up nicely and roll surprisingly well.

I am finding they roll about a bit on loose dry stone, but all other stuff they’re good at.

When they’re dead I’ll get saguaros. Had them before, loved them, considering they roll so well they grip good too. Took me round a very variable dry to wet to sticky to grassy clag mountain mayhem and kept gripping.

X kings are rubbish IMO. wash out too easily and get them anywhere near wet rocks or roots and you’ll be off.

njee20
    Free Member

Thunder Burt/Racing Ralph, depending where you want to fall on that spectrum.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Ordered Saguaros. Thanks chaps.

jonnyrockymountain

spesh ground control 29×2.1 I have one for sale a couple hundred mile use so loads of life been used tubeless £18 posted

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Need fast rolling grippy 29er tyre – good compromise’ is closed to new replies.