Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Need cable to connect etrex H to usb on pc ..cheapest option ?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

apologies as I'm slightly confused ..am I correct in thinking that the satandard cable ends in a serial port connector then you need another cable from serial port to usb?
    any links to the cheapest efficient option would be much appreciated!!
    thanks
    Billyboy

uplink
    Free Member
    kaiser
    Free Member

looks good uplink ..thanks!!

stumpyjon

What happened to the cable that came with it? Old models used a serial port connection. Newer ones have a cable that is USB on one end and plugs directly in to the eTrex on the other. I think the eTrex end is standard to, used on a lot of cameras.

boblo
    Free Member

Beware, the USB to RS232 adaptors don't all work. I bought one off Fleabay and was dissapointed.

I bought one of these a couple of days ago and it works like a charm with the Etrex.

boblo
    Free Member

stumpyjon – Member
    What happened to the cable that came with it? Old models used a serial port connection. Newer ones have a cable that is USB on one end and plugs directly in to the eTrex on the other

The Etrex H is Garmin proprietry to RS232 and doesn't come c/w a cable. Legend, Vista etc are USB and do.

adam1330
    Free Member

I've just got one of these and one of these, and it works perfectly!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need cable to connect etrex H to usb on pc ..cheapest option ?’ is closed to new replies.